2013-2014 clinker of the year?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pell it

Feeling the Heat
Dec 2, 2011
Rhode Island
My stove does not like the ton of FSU I bought this year. I chased ash pan gaskets, burn pot gasket, less restrictive OAK pieces, etc to no avail. Just finishing up a ton of clinker-free Greene Team and went back to the twenty remaining bags of FSU. Back to presents in the burn pot after just two bags!! They must have dumped a loader bucket of bark mulch in when my ton was produced.

My submission for clinker of the season '13-'14.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    385.6 KB · Views: 248
Been through 30-40 bags of FSU and had one clinker of similar size (was running for 2 1/2 days)

Oh I'm glad it's not just me. I burned a ton of FSU last year and loved it, so this year I bought 3 tons... and I'm getting clinkers like that with it. It's still nice and hot, I just have to clean out the clinker every day.

Unfortunately, I would have to say NEWP is on my list. After burning thru 25 bags I can say that although they burn hot, the mess left behind is so not necessary. Mega ASH & CLINKERS!! 2 more bags of NEWP remaining then onto my 30 bags of Greene Team Platinum, which I already know burn hot and NO MESS :) I would really like to try Hamers Hot and Barefoot, but I cannot locate them in my area :(

Unfortunately, I would have to say NEWP is on my list. After burning thru 25 bags I can say that although they burn hot, the mess left behind is so not necessary. Mega ASH & CLINKERS!! 2 more bags of NEWP remaining then onto my 30 bags of Greene Team Platinum, which I already know burn hot and NO MESS :) I would really like to try Hamers Hot and Barefoot, but I cannot locate them in my area :(
Tri county coal in Brewster has barefoots.

Reactions: jjones139
Status
Not open for further replies.