2013 pile started

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeepmedic

Burning Hunk
Mar 7, 2012
Cashton, WI
Finally got all my wood for winter 2013-14. Combos of box elder, cottonwood, oak, some locust, and some hickory. All for FREE !

Started splitting and stacking yesterday. Have had it all bucked up for about a month now, but couldnt figure out where to stack it all.

So with a help from a few little orange friends ...

0323121635.jpg

0508121108.jpg

0508121107.jpg

0508121157.jpg

DSCF0891.jpg

DSCF0887.jpg

DSCF0889.jpg

DSCF0894.jpg

Nice work there. How do you like the cottonwood?

Nice friends you have there. lol.It's always nice when you can get free heat.

Nice work Jeepmedic.

Great pictures. They tell a story of lots of work & some serious BTUs for 2013/14.
Looks like the "red" friend with his "tow along buddy" helped allot too ;)
Good to have friends :)

I probably burned some cotton wood this past winter, but Im not really sure. This was my first winter with wood heat....so I really had no idea what I was doing until about February. I can tell a difference in the coals when I burn oak or elm, but I think the cotton wood did ok. I burned lots of box elder and only had to fill about every 8 hours, keeping our log home @ 68F.

Next year I will have a better idea since all my wood will be seasoned better, and I know what species I am burning now thanks to you guys !

Status
Not open for further replies.