2016/2017

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefighter938

Feeling the Heat
Dec 25, 2014
Central Indiana
I got a good start for 2016-17.

image.jpg

A friend sold some timber and I got to clean up the tops. Hard maple, oak, and walnut. I think I have close to 2 cords here with more to cut. Took me a day and a half to gather it all and my back is feeling it tonight.

image.jpg This is the pile before I added another truck and trailer load.

Looks good. here's my start to 2016-17. Already marinating, white oak and water oak
image.jpg
And sense then some insurance for this next season. Cherry and ash. I've got 3 cords of oak and hickory in another spot that should be ready. Gonna move it here and stack it single row soon to be on safe side
image.jpg

Reactions: Lakeside
Great start, how much are you burning per season?

I went through 3 cord as well. I should be able to get enough gathered and split that the oak can wait until 2017-18. Hopefully anyway.

2015-16 is mostly locust, mulberry, and maple.

I went through 3 cord as well. I should be able to get enough gathered and split that the oak can wait until 2017-18. Hopefully anyway.

2015-16 is mostly locust, mulberry, and maple.

I may wind up doing the same. Plenty of cherry, maple and poplar to pick from
That'll dry in time for this year with our hot summer. Rather leave the oak and hickory another year too

Last edited:
Rebel,
I like your set up. How long are those 2x4's you have at the end of your rows that are in the cinder blocks?

Well I got some of my oak and hickory moved. I Love cutting and splitting wood but stacking isn't my favorite. Need to get it out from under the shade though so I'll eventually get it all moved. It's a slow process cause just about every piece the bark is coming off.
image.jpg

Moved some more today in the rain. Man I'm ready for some sunshine around here! All I like now is one small stack of pecan and I'll have it all moved.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work, love seeing the spring pics of the plants turning green, gives me hope lol

Looks good.

image.jpg
You can see my split wood behind the blue wheel barrow. There is about a cord and a half split and two or three more yet to split. It is going to have to wait though. I am still gathering more. Got hooked up with three big silver maple and 2 large black locust trees. I enjoy dropping trees more than splitting and stacking also. It is going to catch up to me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.