2023 Fall Colors

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Reactions: ABMax24 and spuldup
Northern NH colors snuck in at the end of September and I suspect we will be at peak by the end of the week.

Reactions: thewoodlands
Northern NH colors snuck in at the end of September and I suspect we will be at peak by the end of the week.
Not great around here but if you head south up in elevation, I here they're really nice.

Seeing a lot of trees turning brown and very early at that. Wondering if it’s related to all the rain.

Reactions: thewoodlands
The foliage certainly turns a lots nicer colors in your part of the world than ours, we only get yellows and yellow-oranges. Although I did see some pinkish poplar leaves last weekend, not sure what caused that.

It's a weird fall this year, some trees have completely shed their leaves already, some are still green. I guess we still haven't got a good hard frost yet though, a couple times a degree below zero but that's it.

Seeing a lot of trees turning brown and very early at that. Wondering if it’s related to all the rain.
Same here @Max W , we were also wondering or thinking it was rain related. The Red Maples are nice but most of the Sugar Maples are pretty dull......in this area.

Usually when they start getting some really nice colors, we either get a heavy rain or some good winds that knock the leaves off.