22 ton county line log splitter. First time using. High pitch sound

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They sell rubber coated pins at TSC. I have one for my baler

The Pin itself is powder coated, as in paint, only the handle is coated with rubber/vinyl. Besides rubber on a pin might last 10 minutes before it's cut through. Been living on a centenarian, 100 year, farm for the majority of my life. I've seen those pins.

The CountyLine® Red Hitch Pin is a strong and durable replacement part.
  • Pin Diameter: 1 in.
  • High Tensile Steel, Grade 5
  • Powder Coated (Pin), Vinyl Coated (Head & Handle)

Reactions: Plow Boy
Your right I went out and looked after I posted. The handle is rubber (which is gummy now and a pain to deal with). My splitter shakes rattles and rolls , but I'm usually wearing headphones listen to something or other, so i hardly hear it. My rule of thumb is if it's performing its prescribed function it good to go.

Update on the noise issue : Missed 30 day window to exchange (had no time or was not sure if I should do it, who knows).
Split about 2 cords of red oak and some gnarly swamp maple. No issues so far, love the machine. Starts on first pull, nothing can stop it. Knock on wood.
Reading other posts and confirming that my puppy does rattle in vertical position , A LOT . Bungie cord it is next time I'm using it.

Reactions: Grateful11
Status
Not open for further replies.