22 Ton County Line (Speeco) Splitter On Sale At TSC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzberry

Minister of Fire
Dec 17, 2014
Next to Yosemite
$100.00 off 1/13 to 1/17 Assembly and filled with hydraulic oil included at my store (Sonora CA) anyway for $899.00
If anyone needs their flyer send me your email addy and I will forward it.

Last edited:
I'm still thinking about a splitter... looks both this 22t one at TSC and 30t one at Menards are both $900. The TSC one is assembled and full of oil though, smaller but I don't think I'll ever have issue with 22t not being enough. Hmmm...

I'm totally happy with my TSC 22T Husky/Speeco splitter. I've had it 4 years with no problems.

I debated endlessly between the TSC and Menards splitters the last couple days. Well I pulled the trigger last night on the TSC 22t. Since it was fully assembled it was quick to pick up and unload at home, since it's a work night for me and I'm short on time, and my loader tractor isn't running. I got a bit excited and figured I'd check it out and put a few rounds for it quick last night, but couldn't get it to start. I wonder what weight oil they put in it, but even with starter fluid I couldn't get it to even try to start. Maybe when I try next I'll put a space heater on it and maybe a tarp for a few hours.

I debated endlessly between the TSC and Menards splitters the last couple days. Well I pulled the trigger last night on the TSC 22t. Since it was fully assembled it was quick to pick up and unload at home, since it's a work night for me and I'm short on time, and my loader tractor isn't running. I got a bit excited and figured I'd check it out and put a few rounds for it quick last night, but couldn't get it to start. I wonder what weight oil they put in it, but even with starter fluid I couldn't get it to even try to start. Maybe when I try next I'll put a space heater on it and maybe a tarp for a few hours.
Same thing I experienced when I got mine 3-4 years ago. Wrapped it in heating pad and blew electric heater on it and finally got it to start. Similar experience last year tried and tried to get it to start. Even with starting fluid could not get start. Replaced plug and immediately started. Check that plug is properly set and gap is good then make sure ignition wire is snapped on too. Could try replacement plug if all else fails. Personally, I think they sit there at TSC with ethanol based fuel in them for who knows how long then when you get it home maybe part of reason for difficult start. Good luck. If it makes you feel any better has run great for me during the summer months.

Reactions: OhioBurner©
Ours, with the Kohler engine, starts on the 2nd or 3rd pull. The engine is basically the same engine as a Predator engine from Harbor Freight just has Kohler on it. My son has a Predator on the hay elevator and they're nearly identical. Both start as good or better than any Briggs we've ever had.

We run nothing but non-ethanol 93 in them.

Just a follow up. I tried again and could not get it to start so I tarped it and used a space heater for a few hours, and got it running. Same thing the next day, still wouldn't start around freezing, tarped it again. A third day around 40ºF and it started on its own fine. Got a few hours on it now and it works great. Split some nasty knotted and crotch pieces just fine. Will need to fabricate some plate for a working area though.

Status
Not open for further replies.