22 Ton Huskee splitters

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CK-1 said:
You just can't leave equipment like that exposed to the elements. You will have a lot of problems occur down and line. I own and 22 Huskee and keep mine under a tarp near my shed. Rain/water gets everwhere, so its probably started to rust inside the pull coil of the rope and then who knows.
Thanks for the sage advise. The old saying goes, your never too old to learn new tricks?

I went to my local TSC yesterday and talked to the store manager and this is a new store and not where I bought my splitter. They have changed the design on the newer one alot. He couldn't offer me any help on where I might get the needed work done on mine. This store leaves alot to imagination in my opinion.

I did ask him for the hell of it if I bought a new 22 ton splitter today what was the best he could do, and he said what the sticker says. $999 and he said they came down $100 recently. I paid $899 for mine 3 years ago and that was after a salesman said he had a coupon that would give me 10 % off.

It looks like the changes they made to the new 22 ton splitters are for the better, they now have a log cradle built in the beam and have changed the engine somewhat.

Shipper

If you are having problems with your motor mounts (bolts).. I think someone mentioned earlier about using bigger bolts to secure the motor. I've done this recently on a older walkbehind mower last month. I would also use loctite on the bolts.

Status
Not open for further replies.