1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

22 Ton Huskee splitters

Post in 'The Gear' started by Shipper50, Sep 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shipper50

Shipper50 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Indiana
    Thanks for the sage advise. The old saying goes, your never too old to learn new tricks?

I went to my local TSC yesterday and talked to the store manager and this is a new store and not where I bought my splitter. They have changed the design on the newer one alot. He couldn't offer me any help on where I might get the needed work done on mine. This store leaves alot to imagination in my opinion.

I did ask him for the hell of it if I bought a new 22 ton splitter today what was the best he could do, and he said what the sticker says. $999 and he said they came down $100 recently. I paid $899 for mine 3 years ago and that was after a salesman said he had a coupon that would give me 10 % off.

It looks like the changes they made to the new 22 ton splitters are for the better, they now have a log cradle built in the beam and have changed the engine somewhat.

Shipper

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. CK-1

CK-1 Feeling the Heat

If you are having problems with your motor mounts (bolts).. I think someone mentioned earlier about using bigger bolts to secure the motor. I've done this recently on a older walkbehind mower last month. I would also use loctite on the bolts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.