22 Ton Huskee splitters

Shipper50 Posted By Shipper50, Sep 20, 2010 at 10:03 PM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shipper50

Minister of Fire 2.

Nov 10, 2007
    Thanks for the sage advise. The old saying goes, your never too old to learn new tricks?

I went to my local TSC yesterday and talked to the store manager and this is a new store and not where I bought my splitter. They have changed the design on the newer one alot. He couldn't offer me any help on where I might get the needed work done on mine. This store leaves alot to imagination in my opinion.

I did ask him for the hell of it if I bought a new 22 ton splitter today what was the best he could do, and he said what the sticker says. $999 and he said they came down $100 recently. I paid $899 for mine 3 years ago and that was after a salesman said he had a coupon that would give me 10 % off.

It looks like the changes they made to the new 22 ton splitters are for the better, they now have a log cradle built in the beam and have changed the engine somewhat.

2. CK-1

Feeling the Heat 2.

Feb 10, 2006
    If you are having problems with your motor mounts (bolts).. I think someone mentioned earlier about using bigger bolts to secure the motor. I've done this recently on a older walkbehind mower last month. I would also use loctite on the bolts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.