Throttlebender Posted By Throttlebender, Oct 4, 2006 at 1:55 PM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Throttlebender

Throttlebender

Oct 3, 2006
    Loc:
    Cincinnati, OH
    Jotul manual calls for 24 gauge black stove pipe to fit into flue collar. Well for an istall where the stove sits close to the front of a fireplace opening it doesn't seem like there is much room for a horizontal black pipe. Before reading the manual, I'd invisioned the tee connector from a fle liner kit being the short piece that would fit in the collar. Am I missing somethin? Are the tee connectors made of 24 gauge and can they be painted with high temp black stove paint? Help?

2. Metal

Metal
    Minister of Fire

Nov 18, 2005
    Most single-wall black pipe tees you can buy are manufactured out of 24 gauge galvenized steel.

3. Throttlebender

Throttlebender

Oct 3, 2006
    Loc:
    Cincinnati, OH
    Thanks for the reply. But does that mean that the tee connectors that come in kits, which are not black, would not fit the bill? Is black pipe a term refering to pipe manufactured that way or can 24 gauge pipe be painted with a high temp paint?

Sorry if my questions seem silly.

4. MountainStoveGuy

MountainStoveGuy
    Minister of Fire

Jan 23, 2006
    Loc:
    Boulder County
    most stove t's that are single wall that are manufactured for this industry are 24 guage black. The t that comes with liner kits are full sized stainless steel and they hang below the damper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.