24 guage black pipe?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Throttlebender

Oct 3, 2006
Cincinnati, OH
Jotul manual calls for 24 gauge black stove pipe to fit into flue collar. Well for an istall where the stove sits close to the front of a fireplace opening it doesn't seem like there is much room for a horizontal black pipe. Before reading the manual, I'd invisioned the tee connector from a fle liner kit being the short piece that would fit in the collar. Am I missing somethin? Are the tee connectors made of 24 gauge and can they be painted with high temp black stove paint? Help?

Thanks for the reply. But does that mean that the tee connectors that come in kits, which are not black, would not fit the bill? Is black pipe a term refering to pipe manufactured that way or can 24 gauge pipe be painted with a high temp paint?

Sorry if my questions seem silly.

most stove t's that are single wall that are manufactured for this industry are 24 guage black. The t that comes with liner kits are full sized stainless steel and they hang below the damper.

Status
Not open for further replies.