24 Hours of warm

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RIJEEP

Oct 18, 2009
Lil' Rhody
Man with such a long shoulder season, it turned winter real fast here in RI. Complete with 12+ inches of snow.

My stove has been going for a week straight. I don't see a reason to stop until it warms up outside or if I want to do a flue check.

Just wanted to share. (up all night at work, now lots of coffee)

We keep the shop stove going 24/7. The temps here have been aroung freezing at night, below 40 during the day. Every warm spell & go up & check the flue. Shoveling out the hot coals is always fun eh?

RD

Yeah, its funny I never expected that rush of ash and dust to happen when shoveling the hot coals!

Please send all your snow north . . . I'll even take it with a C.O.D. ;) We've got some . . . but not enough for my liking.

Oh man, tell me about it, I just went XCountry skiing on my Telemark setup. Blueskies and 33F out! I wish this stuff would stick around! Its dry and light. I lived in Central NH for 7 years but moved back here and got hooked up with a full time FF job.

You on the job Jake?

N8

8-11 inches in the forecast for Wisconsin tomorrow!

It looks like it may be an old fashioned winter!

Plenty of snow to go around!

RIJEEP said:
Oh man, tell me about it, I just went XCountry skiing on my Telemark setup. Blueskies and 33F out! I wish this stuff would stick around! Its dry and light. I lived in Central NH for 7 years but moved back here and got hooked up with a full time FF job.

You on the job Jake?

N8

Well I'm a government employee so yes technically I am on the job as a Public Education Officer . . . now as for the question as to whether I "work" in the fire service . . . well . . . I am not familiar with this word "work." ;) :)

firefighterjake said:
RIJEEP said:

You on the job Jake?

N8

Well I'm a government employee so yes technically I am on the job as a Public Education Officer . . . now as for the question as to whether I "work" in the fire service . . . well . . . I am not familiar with this word "work." ;) :)

Roger that! Stay safe. Have a good holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.