24 hours say it isn't so

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oldmountvernon said:
because they were " discounted " already i think they have been taking a hit on pellets to be honest and their creeping their way out of it break it down in your mind @ 175 per ton where is the money? from sawdust to your stove lot of machinery fuel and paychecks

I agree with you but what I am saying is that i dont think the coupon says anything about already discounted items. If they want to play slimy i wont be buying from them.

oldmountvernon said:
jtakeman said:
smoke show said:
Is this thread starting to get relevant again? :eek:hh:

OMV- your right I need a break from Jay. ;-P

Smoke keep him busy while I rummage his stash. I'll split it with ya! ;-)

you and 5 others couldnt hauling my stash away :p

Shoot my friend...Pellets are making you a little cocky, I figure two Hillbillies from Ohio (Myself and Dex), could come up with a plan to haul 90% of your stash away while you and the wife are sleeping!! Never get too confident, We're watching you (or at least your pellets)!!!

oldmountvernon said:
mepellet said:
oldmountvernon said:
lol i just remembered this exact convo when i first joined here you were a part of it ;)
Really? What convo was that?

matter a fact it was using lowes coupons at TSC they told me yes on the phone, when i got there they said no the girl didnt know what she was talking about

I haven't tried using the Lowes coupon at tsc but the home depots around here.let you use the Lowes coupons. Saw mwp this weekend at Hd for 4.38/bag. Thinking bout hitting them up for some this weekend.

Eatonpcat said:
oldmountvernon said:
jtakeman said:
smoke show said:

Shoot my friend...Pellets are making you a little cocky, I figure two Hillbillies from Ohio (Myself and Dex), could come up with a plan to haul 90% of your stash away while you and the wife are sleeping!! Never get too confident, We're watching you (or at least your pellets)!!!

Hmmmmm. Have to do something with our time away from here....

Roadtrip!!!!! ;-P

BrotherBart said:
Here's da plan:

"Basic sched - at about 12:30 eastern time I will stop taking new member registrations and also shut down the board for a few minutes while I clean it up and export the proper files…backup.
Then I will put it back up in read-only format.

At about 1am eastern, my forum-move dude will start the import into the new system. If things go OK, I will then try to get some sleep from 2 or 3am on.
When and if I wake up…...things should be coming along. I suspect that by noon at the latest, the imports will be done and the basics of the new board will be in place for me to check….I will do this behind the scenes (and may also have the mods in there…...). Then I have to set all the new permissions…as to the forums and what groups can do and see.

If all of that works out, you will notice these forums are not reachable any longer and the new ones will be up in their place. Depending on luck and skill, this might be as soon as Thursday mid-afternoon or as late as 2013…..

If, on the other hand, you see these same forums up and running tomorrow night, you know something went very wrong."

Good Luck. Looking forward to tomorrow. If it hasn't been said...THANKS for providing us this wonderful site.

Harman Lover 007 said:
BrotherBart said:
Here's da plan:

"Basic sched - at about 12:30 eastern time I will stop taking new member registrations and also shut down the board for a few minutes while I clean it up and export the proper files…backup.
Then I will put it back up in read-only format.

At about 1am eastern, my forum-move dude will start the import into the new system. If things go OK, I will then try to get some sleep from 2 or 3am on.
When and if I wake up…...things should be coming along. I suspect that by noon at the latest, the imports will be done and the basics of the new board will be in place for me to check….I will do this behind the scenes (and may also have the mods in there…...). Then I have to set all the new permissions…as to the forums and what groups can do and see.

If all of that works out, you will notice these forums are not reachable any longer and the new ones will be up in their place. Depending on luck and skill, this might be as soon as Thursday mid-afternoon or as late as 2013…..

If, on the other hand, you see these same forums up and running tomorrow night, you know something went very wrong."

Good Luck. Looking forward to tomorrow. If it hasn't been said...THANKS for providing us this wonderful site.

X2 do I remember seeing something about a smartphone app?

DexterDay said:
Eatonpcat said:
oldmountvernon said:
jtakeman said:
smoke show said:

Roadtrip!!!!! ;-P

Let's go my brother...If we can't get his pellets, at least we can buy him dinner and a beer or two!!!

mepellet said:
X2 do I remember seeing something about a smartphone app?

There will definitely be something for mobile users!

The developers of the new forum are coming out with a mobile style - which should automatically make the forum work easier on mobile devices.

We also may support tapatalk - which I think cost the user a few bucks ($2.99), but you can use the same app to follow any tapatalk-enabled forum.

I think the mobile skin will do for 95% of forum members.....that should be available within 2 months or so. There are other mobile styles, but it's not worth installing one since an "official" one is in the works.....

Eatonpcat said:
I figure two Hillbillies from Ohio (Myself and Dex)...

Just be careful Dex doesn't appreciate too many compliments and flattery. ;-P

Webmaster said:
There will definitely be something for mobile users!

Thats awesome as I use two Android devices from time to time, and am looking forward to an app.

Thanks Web

Eatonpcat said:
DexterDay said:
Eatonpcat said:
oldmountvernon said:
jtakeman said:
smoke show" date="1331770087 said:

Roadtrip!!!!! ;-P

Let's go my brother...If we can't get his pellets, at least we can buy him dinner and a beer or two!!!
Wouldn't mind that at all......

Been wanting to schedule a "GTG" like the guys in the Hearth Room do at Woodstocks (Soapstone Stove) Factory. They had a pretty good turn out. With people as far as Michigan making it out.

I personally think a tour of Englander would be a pretty good time.. Im pretty far away myself. But a Roadtrip with a close Forum member, or not, with a Tour of the facility. Also may get a peak at the New "Beer Can" from Englander, that Mike has spoke of.

Just a thought. But I'd be down.

Hell, I'd even consider it if I hadn't pissed away all my vacation time already this year. :mad:

smoke show said:
Hell, I'd even consider it if I hadn't pissed away all my vacation time already this year. :mad:

Wow.... Florida hurt huh?? I've used 2 days....

Still have over 3 weeks left.

DexterDay said:
I personally think a tour of Englander would be a pretty good time.. Im pretty far away myself. But a Roadtrip with a close Forum member, or not, with a Tour of the facility. Also may get a peak at the New "Beer Can" from Englander, that Mike has spoke of.

Just a thought. But I'd be down.

Deal me in. I went down there in 2006. Chatted with the man that designed my 30-NC.

The burn lab is kewl. And hot.

DexterDay said:
smoke show said:

Wow.... Florida hurt huh?? I've used 2 days....

Still have over 3 weeks left.

I'm not a workaholic like you. ;-)

We have a conservative vacation plan.

Only get 3 weeks(15 days) after 17yrs of service.

One week gone and the other 2 already requested. :lol:

Gotta get while the gettins good.

Are we back on the air? HELLO CLEVELAND!!!

Like going through a time wrap! Didn't even have to click our heels. Did I hear someone say "beam them up, Scottie!"

Lets get this puppy rollin...

Attachments

• Spaceballs_2_001.png
    Spaceballs_2_001.png
    110.9 KB · Views: 139
Reactions: DexterDay
We just scraped the burn pot, put in a new brand of pellets and hit the on button.

For sure there will be some tuning. But you guys more than anybody know about that stuff.

Good to be back! :D

I usually end up with "use it or loose it" leave each year. We can only carry over 60 days.

I'm not a workaholic like you. ;-)

We have a conservative vacation plan.

Only get 3 weeks(15 days) after 17yrs of service.

One week gone and the other 2 already requested. :lol:

Gotta get while the gettins good.

Status
Not open for further replies.