25 Husky Saws - good deal?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NH_Wood

Minister of Fire
Dec 24, 2009
southern NH
Hi everyone,

I have a guy that wants to sell 25 husky in one deal - here is the break down:

All Husky saws

40 in box with bar
40 in box without bar
49 without bar
45 in box with bar
49 in box without bar
41 without bar quantity 4 total
45 without bar quantity 2 total
136 without bar quantity 2 total
36 without bar quantity 2 total
137 without bar
40 without bar quantity 3 total
40 with bar quantity 2 total
141 without bar quantity 2 total
141 with bar
saw that looks similar to 45 didn't see model # without bar

He says that all saws are complete, just some lacking bar/chain. I'm thinking about parting out the lot - to make a little cash and learn saws better. He wants $625 ($25/saw) - I offered $525, but he balked, so I cam back at $575. Even at $625, do you think this is a good deal? It's a long drive for me - nearly 2 h - so I don't want to spend the time if it's not worth the investment. Thanks!

Cheers,!

Crap. If he'd had an 2100/2101 in that bunch I'd email him to see about shipping it.

Reactions: Nixon
Looking for parts Thistle - seems like eBay has quite a bit of parts for those saws + some fairly inexpensive parts saws.

Mike - I really don't know - I'm going into it assuming NO - any runners will be icing on the cake. I'm mainly wondering if I can part out the lot, or sell as parts saws, and make my money back. At $25/saw (25 saws at $625), I'm leaning toward the idea that I could make some money, but wondering what you all think before I pull the trigger. Cheers!

A good portion of the saws on the list (36,136,141,142, 137?) are low end 'poulan' huskies. Not worth much in my opinion. Not sure if anyone bothers to buy parts to fix them.

If they are runners you could easily sell them for 75-100 each bc of the husky name.

Reactions: MasterMech
There's nothing spectacular on that list. If you really want to play with them then I think you could make a couple bucks or at the very least break even. But with not even an old 51 in there, I don't think I'd have a ton of fun building that lot.

Hmmm.......okay, perhaps this lot is not the best buy for me - he seems willing to take $575, so thought at $23/saw, might be easy to part out and get at least double per saw, but perhaps not. Thanks!

Cheers!

Those saws are serious snoozers..... but you can make some money with them if you've got time and an ebay store.

Hittin - I was thinking of parting out on eBay - but I'm not sure if there will be enough demand. For example, one or two recoils from a 40 might sell, but I'll have 7 or so. I think I'll pass on this deal - saws just not popular enough to make it worth my effort - will probably take a year to get my investment back. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.