25' INSULATED 5" FLEX PIPE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DamienBricka

Feeling the Heat
Nov 3, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa
Where can I buy a 25' INSULATED 5" FLEX PIPE for an OAK at a good price.
Thanks for the suggestions and the help.

Usually OAK piping is 3-4". Flexible aluminum dryer vent hose works well.

Can you point me to the source of that information? How long will your run be?

PS: Never mind I see their adapter. That is plain goofy and definitely an oddball. They resell the recommended ducting. It is just insulated warm air duct. But personally I would not be comfortable with vinyl wrapped duct so close to the back of the stove. There are better and safer ways to do this than what they recommend. Wish Fyrebug was still around, I would take it up with him.

Last edited:
How is the stove working without the OAK?

The run will depend if I put it on the north side of the house (prevailing winds) 15 feet
or the south side of the house 25 feet ( in that case if wood be above the basement door)
I scan a copy of the instructions (see Below)

Attachments

• drolet 001.jpg
    drolet 001.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 107
How is the stove working without the OAK?

Last night I made a small fire for about 2 hours. I had to keep the air intake completely open. When I was shutting it completely it would die but when I reopened the air
it would restart with no problem

If the wood is not dry it still will have problem burning without a lot of air. Try again today, but this time close the air down, say 50%. Then open up a nearby door or window a crack (1/2" will do). Go back and see if the fire dramatically perks up. If so, you will need an oak. Otherwise, get some store-bought wood and try with dry wood or try with some dry construction cut offs.

Ok I will do that and keep you posted

Try again today, but this time close the air down, say 50%. Then open up a nearby door or window a crack (1/2" will do). Go back and see if the fire dramatically perks up

No change in the fire and I tried on several occasions.

Had a good fire tonight. Letting it cool know as per instruction for the paint to cure properly.

I also looked under the stove and noticed that when the primary air intake is closed there is no primary air getting into the stove. So know I know not to close it all the way.

Could your draft be suffering do to warm weather?

No change in the fire and I tried on several occasions.

Had a good fire tonight. Letting it cool know as per instruction for the paint to cure properly.

I also looked under the stove and noticed that when the primary air intake is closed there is no primary air getting into the stove. So know I know not to close it all the way.

Sounds good. I would wait on the OAK for a while then. The next fire you should take the stove top up to 550F to properly bake in the paint. It will really smoke. If you have a fan pointed out the window or door in advance to exhaust the smoke that will help.

Last edited:
It will really smoke. If you have a fan pointed out the window or door in advance to exhaust the smoke that will help.

Thanks for the tip Begreen

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.