25 IP repair i never knew i needed...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kenstogie

Feeling the Heat
Oct 2, 2012
Albany (ish)
so i have a Englander 25 IP that has basically heated my home for a couple of seasons....

couple days ago it starts to moan/groan that aounded like a cat in heat. this happened only when the auger was turning so I thought no big deal there is a pellet stuck somewhere ...take it apart....vacuum it out.....done.

but in my investigation i notice light flickring where the auger assembly connects to the pellet chute. (fixed pic below) turns out the guy/gal that put those pieces together failed to properly caulk. this basically cause an air leak and a innefficiancy in the fuel air mixture. it still worked but not as well as it could have....

guess the moral of the story is look around and pay attention to whats going on under the hood.

pardon my caulk job, i know it's messy but still it works.
i9gxM9k.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/i9gxM9k.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.