25-PAH E2 issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarissaL

Jan 27, 2015
We are at an impasse with this darn thing! Cleaned vacuum hoses, the entire stove, replaced auger motor (it froze up), replaced lid switch, replaced vacuum pump. Pellets are feeding, fire lights and runs for about 15-20 minutes, the fan never comes on, and then the E2 comes up again. HELP! Tech support is of no assistance and we need heat!

We are at an impasse with this darn thing! Cleaned vacuum hoses, the entire stove, replaced auger motor (it froze up), replaced lid switch, replaced vacuum pump. Pellets are feeding, fire lights and runs for about 15-20 minutes, the fan never comes on, and then the E2 comes up again. HELP! Tech support is of no assistance and we need heat!

Locate your heat sensor, make sure it is plugged into the controller and that it is fastened to the proper spot on the stove and that the area behind where it is mounted is clean.

You do understand what my comment about the exhaust steam side meant correct. Not where the sensor is connected but inside the exhaust stream on the other side of where it is connected.

What the error is all about is that it doesn't see the correct temperature where that sensor is (usually due to ash inside the exhaust system at the point the sensor is mounted) in the allotted time for a fire to be started.

You do understand what my comment about the exhaust steam side meant correct. Not where the sensor is connected but inside the exhaust stream on the other side of where it is connected.

What the error is all about is that it doesn't see the correct temperature where that sensor is (usually due to ash inside the exhaust system at the point the sensor is mounted) in the allotted time for a fire to be started.
I do and it is.

There is one thing other than the normal cause that I can think of if that stove can run in on/off mode. I don't know if it can, however in on/off mode without a t-stat calling for heat or the jumper being absent or loose on the control board it may ne possible for the stove to start up and when it exits start up and sees no call for heat (no t-stat calling or a missing or loose jumper on the control board) I would expect it to enter shut down.

There is one thing other than the normal cause that I can think of if that stove can run in on/off mode. I don't know if it can, however in on/off mode without a t-stat calling for heat or the jumper being absent or loose on the control board it may ne possible for the stove to start up and when it exits start up and sees no call for heat (no t-stat calling or a missing or loose jumper on the control board) I would expect it to enter shut down.

I've done that with mine, it shouldn't start up with no call for heat in on/off mode. If it did, you wouldn't get the error on shut-down.

Sounds like a proof of flame issue to me as well, gotta get that exhaust heat sensor working correctly. Have you run the diagnostic tests prescribed on Englander's website? There is a step in that test that shows the expected value of the exhaust heat sensor. However, even if that matches up, it would still be my guess that you've got some kind of issue there.

Out of curiosity, what did the Englander folks tell you to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.