25-PDV Control Board

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Nov 20, 2014
Upstate NY
I have been through a few rounds of troubleshooting issues with Englander tech support, due to a large lazy flame in my 25-pdv, I am hoping someone here on the forum can help me with trouble shooting my control board.

First things first, the stove is always cleaned very thoroughly, so lets just move past that.

First Call:
Englander Tech Support said that I had an air leak, even though I checked everything possible with help through the forum and found no leaks present. I decided to listen to Englander and buy all the replacement gaskets, burn pot, door, window, hopper. Installed all the gaskets, still had the large lazy flame.

Second Call:
Englander said its an air leak, I advised them that they had already suggested this and I replaced all the gaskets. They then told that it was my combustion motor. I'm not one to throw parts at an issue, but they had me sold as the stove was quite old. I purchased the combustion motor, installed it, and still had the large lazy flame.

Third Call:
Englander said its an air leak, I told them that I replaced all the gaskets, and installed a new combustion motor as per their recommendations, and then they said it must be my control board.

Ok, I am not going to throw more money at this issue, as I believe in finding the problem first. Is there anyone on the forum that can help me troubleshoot my control board? Englander says that the combustion fan speed will go up with the heat setting, but I can't physically hear it ramping up? Sounds legit, but I am not familiar with the operation, I know the room fan ramps up and down with the blower setting,so maybe its true for the combustion fan as well?

I know that the 25-PDV is not perfect, and everyone has issues here and there, but I need to know what a good flame looks like in this stove, anyone want to share a pic or video?

When I get home from work I’ll try and post a video of my flame. As far as the blower ramping, I’m not sure I have noticed it or not. The room blower makes to much noise lol

9008768C-DC4A-42AB-8D8C-6C46E5C51A98.png

This is mine set to 561 bottom 3 numbers and heat on 2

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Here's mine, for another reference. 25pdv, heat range 1, blower 2, bottom three at 5-4-1, D mode
20181019-151656.jpg