25-pdv only runs in low.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuuzhan

Oct 30, 2011
Maine
Ok so this year after sitting i tried firing up my 25-pdv and found that the stove would only run in low no matter what i set it at. So i removed the thermostat wire and replaced it with a short jumper. Still same effect. Very slow pellet feed and pretty much no fire. I tried a hard reset and tried both mode c and d on panel. So at this point i assume a bad control panel?

What Smokey is getting at is that your control board may have gotten fried by a power surge. Most people unplug their stove after burning season ends just to eliminate that problem.

If you don't have a good surge protector for the stove, you're asking for trouble.

Give Englander Tech support a call tomorrow....they may be able to confirm that you have a problem, or not.

There have been instances of controllers getting zapped because of electrical system disruptions caused by summer thunderstorms or for that matter any thing that causes surges etc ... that is why surge protectors are recommended by the stove makers.

I'd call England Stove Works and tell them what you told us and see what they come up with.

The stove really should be powered off and unplugged during the off season.

Yuuzhan said:
Maybe :-/ is this a common issue?

Yeah, unfortunately. Due to lightning storms in the summer and regular voltage spikes that everyone gets the sensitive components on the computer boards don't last too long without a surge protector, and completely unplugging from the outlet in the summer months. A lightning strike miles away from you can kill your board without you even knowing it. If you ever need to get in your stove to do any work near the board it's always good to ground yourself too. Static electricity from a person can ruin a board.

Thing that stinks is other then that it runs fine. Well the auger has been jamming very very often no matter how many times I allign it. It will run for a few hours then jam. Prob need to shave the auger down a bit. Well there is a 220 part gone. Hope they can overnight ship them.

Yuuzhan said:
....Well there is a 220 part gone. Hope they can overnight ship them.

As we said above, give Englander Tech a call first and have them run through some troubleshooting on the unit before ordering a new board. Ask for Mike Holton.

Thanks :-D Yeah I figured you were busy but thought the phone system said no agents were assigned to this ext. Anyhoo, yes it is an 06 or 07 model and has the igniter.

Thank you very much Mike. Seemed to correct the issue. Im gonna give it a thourough cleaning tomorrow and will do that. I also wanted to thank you for being so polite on the phone. I saw a few complaints about service on the boards but I dont see how thats possible. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.