25 pdv top auger motor not working

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dave64

Feb 11, 2011
N H
i thought it was jammed but it was not jammed,the motor was not working but when i hook up the wires from the bottom auger to the top auger motor the motor works.
so what else could it be

Door and hopper gaskets should pass the dollar bill test... piece of paper or bill closed in the door. If it can be pulled out, you need to replace gaskets.

Door and hopper gaskets should pass the dollar bill test... piece of paper or bill closed in the door. If it can be pulled out, you need to replace gaskets.

I have an electric cord just for testing augers with spade connectors on the ends. This eliminates any possibility of other failure to receive 110vac through the stove.

Plug it into the motor and the wall! If it turns, it should be good.

I did have a gear strip out inside one of my gearboxes. You will still see and hear the motor turning, just the auger will not spin.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.