25-PDV won't startup

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steelz22

Oct 7, 2011
SE Pennsylvania
Hi,

Upon cleaning out my unit and replacing gaskets this summer. I have plugged stove back in and all lights flash for a split second then it shows a 1 in heat range and a 1 in blower speed. These 1's stay illuminated for about 15-20 seconds then go out. During this time and after, none of the buttons are responsive at all. I don't think it would be the fuse as there would be no lights at all. Please help, it's getting cold up here in the NE. Thanks!

Hi,

Upon cleaning out my unit and replacing gaskets this summer. I have plugged stove back in and all lights flash for a split second then it shows a 1 in heat range and a 1 in blower speed. These 1's stay illuminated for about 15-20 seconds then go out. During this time and after, none of the buttons are responsive at all. I don't think it would be the fuse as there would be no lights at all. Please help, it's getting cold up here in the NE. Thanks!

Hi, having the same problem on my stove now .. did you ever find the solution?

I know alittle about that stove first in the summer keep it unplugged with lighting and thunder you can fry the control boards make sure you plug your stove into a surge protector and you can try to reset the control board they may work and had a friend that had to replace there control board but it did not show 1 and 1.

Hi,

There is a good chance that you accidentally disconnected the keypad from the control board while you were cleaning.
Start with simple things first. Check that connector is mated with the circuit board. The connector is near the middle of the board.
Power disconnected before you touch anything.

There is a good chance that you accidentally disconnected the keypad from the control board while you were cleaning.
Start with simple things first. Check that connector is mated with the circuit board. The connector is near the middle of the board.
Power disconnected before you touch anything.

I thought maybe the same thing but ... I can run the diagnostics of the stove and everything runs on it's own. The only thing that doesn't work is the "on" button. When I plug mine in it tries to start the convection blower for maybe 2 secs then nothing goes to 1 1 . I've done the board reset etc. It would appear to me that for some reason it appears to be stuck in the shut down mode I see no other reason for the convection blower to come on.

Check the ribbon cable (remove the mains supply to the stove first).

I thought maybe the same thing but ... I can run the diagnostics of the stove and everything runs on it's own. The only thing that doesn't work is the "on" button. When I plug mine in it tries to start the convection blower for maybe 2 secs then nothing goes to 1 1 . I've done the board reset etc. It would appear to me that for some reason it appears to be stuck in the shut down mode I see no other reason for the convection blower to come on.
I have a friend that his board works but the mode can not be changed he called Englander and they tried to reset and did not work they suggested a new board

I ordered one today - although still wondering if that is what is wrong. Just seems funny it was working perfectly...shut it down then clean it out and now nothing! Looking at Harman now!

I ordered one today - although still wondering if that is what is wrong. Just seems funny it was working perfectly...shut it down then clean it out and now nothing! Looking at Harman now!
Well a Harmon is not the answer, parts break,a friend of mine bought a Harmon other friend bought a Englander,both at the same time,person with Harmon has trouble all the time.Its like anything you buy.Did you talk to a rep from Englander and if so what did they say?

I did speak with a first level rep today - he was decent walked me through the board reset etc which I already had completed. This issue is not the reason I would look to harman. I have a few friends who run them and there seems to be less ash removal daily etc and they are able to burn a greater variety of pellets without issues. To be honest I have not looked at any other brands other than Harman. Harman and Englander are pretty popular up here in my area of Maine.

Good deal I looked at Harmons as well but for that kind of money no thanks I really like my 25-pah englander no problems owed three years only thing i replaced was igniter and yes the model you have removing ash can be a pain with no ash pan,my father has same stove as your burns barefoot and get great heat but i did change the mode in it from a to c for more heat.Biggest thing I see with the 25-pdv is you have to keep the heat exchange clean and it burns great.Good Luck to you which ever way you go.

Guessing you already did this - but unplug the stove, disconnect, and reconnect every wire going to anything. including the fuse. Leave it unplugged for a half hour. Hubby says, maybe while it's unplugged, short the plug wires together, with a piece of metal, to discharge the capacitors (?)

Guessing you already did this - but unplug the stove, disconnect, and reconnect every wire going to anything. including the fuse. Leave it unplugged for a half hour. Hubby says, maybe while it's unplugged, short the plug wires together, with a piece of metal, to discharge the capacitors (?)
Lots of superstition.
Within a fraction of a second of unplugging the stove, the power and all residual memory are gone. I don't know where that myth started. Perhaps there were some real world situations in which power supplies stored large amounts of power, but that is not common.
Touching every connection in the control system is just an invitation to electrostatic damage.

It would appear to me that for some reason it appears to be stuck in the shut down mode I see no other reason for the convection blower to come on.
I don't know if this would do it, but what comes to mind is; " Is the off button stuck?". Not sure how one would determine that, easily.

Lots of superstition.
Within a fraction of a second of unplugging the stove, the power and all residual memory are gone. I don't know where that myth started. Perhaps there were some real world situations in which power supplies stored large amounts of power, but that is not common.
Touching every connection in the control system is just an invitation to electrostatic damage.
Have seen it in some vehicles,toyota in particular.Is a real thing,but very uncommon.

Status
Not open for further replies.