25-pdvc auger problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

enor

Oct 22, 2009
northern new jersey
i own a 25-pdvc englander stove the top auger motor doesn't turn fire starts and goes out ....i purchased a new upper auger motor same thing ....switched the wires from the lower motor to the upper motor and it works ....this is the second time in about a year this happened ..last year repalced the motor and fixed the problem .....any advice?

i dont think its the auger motor causing your problem or you wouldnt be getting a fire at all. the top auger turns intermitently based on the heat setting, only the bottom auger turns all the time. im thinking there may be a problem with the vacume saftey switch in the stove. hose pluged, hose fell off or just a bad switch. i would call englander im sure they will walk you through the steps to fix it.

thank's for the reply you r on the right track talked with tech support it was cleaning error on my part and i am back in business..... love the input ...thank's again

enor said:
thank's for the reply you r on the right track talked with tech support it was cleaning error on my part and i am back in business..... love the input ...thank's again

Can you give details on the "cleaning error". I own the same stove and am always looking for solutions to problems that I haven't had yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.