25-pdvc Control Panel and modes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake8078

Oct 25, 2013
Connecticut
Hi All,

I've been reading a few hours / day on here searching through threads. I actually have the "summer's heat" brand from Lowes, but it's the same thing as far as I understand. I am just finishing my installation over the weekend.

I am used to running my setting my oil heat at 55 when I go to bed and 68 when I come home from work the next day, for savings. I will be getting a programmable thermostat and would like to kind of replicate that with the pellet stove. I realize that this model, unfortunately, can't be shut-down and restarted using a thermostat, so I will need to have to play with it to dial in the idle/low mode that the thermostat triggers when at temp.

What I'm still somewhat unclear on is exactly what the "lower three" settings on the control panel do. I was wondering if there is a comprehensive post on this (I have been unable to find one) or if someone could explain it in depth. I basically want the knowledge of exactly what I can do with the control panel to be equipped to do all necessary tinkering.

I was pretty shocked at how important these things seem to be, and yet there is no explanation in the manual or on the website.

Thanks!

My understanding is don't mess with them unless you are having burn issues and then contact technical support. I have a 1,000 sq ft. home and my 25-pdvc makes it my living room toasty and keeps the back bedrooms comfy and I burn it at 1-1 sometimes 2-2. Manually turning on and off is probably your only choice.

Jake,
I bought the same stove as you did about a month ago from lowes and so far I really like it. I am using mine for the shoulder season and to supplement our woodstove on very cold days here in northern minnesota.

It puts out some serious heat for sure and I wanted to tone it down a bit so I called the tech support line. They had me adjust the factory settings and it did reduce the heat and pellet usage.

With that being said I am far from an expert on the stove and would think everyone's stove would run differently based on their venting, climate, pellet brand and desired heat output. I would install the stove, see how it works for you and then if you feel you need further adjustment call tech support and see what they say

Good luck
Ash

Hi All,

I've been reading a few hours / day on here searching through threads. I actually have the "summer's heat" brand from Lowes, but it's the same thing as far as I understand. I am just finishing my installation over the weekend.

I am used to running my setting my oil heat at 55 when I go to bed and 68 when I come home from work the next day, for savings. I will be getting a programmable thermostat and would like to kind of replicate that with the pellet stove. I realize that this model, unfortunately, can't be shut-down and restarted using a thermostat, so I will need to have to play with it to dial in the idle/low mode that the thermostat triggers when at temp.

What I'm still somewhat unclear on is exactly what the "lower three" settings on the control panel do. I was wondering if there is a comprehensive post on this (I have been unable to find one) or if someone could explain it in depth. I basically want the knowledge of exactly what I can do with the control panel to be equipped to do all necessary tinkering.

I was pretty shocked at how important these things seem to be, and yet there is no explanation in the manual or on the website.

Thanks!

hi jake,

do this for me and i can probably help.

run a weighed amount of fuel through the stove and time it, do the entire run on heat range 1 give me the weight and the time duration of the run (do not count the shutdown time after the fuel quits coming out) i can do some quick math and advise how far you should be able to back the stove down from that

Hi All,

Thanks!

The answer to your question is this:
The factory settings for these 3 buttons are are 6-4-1
.........from front to rear, the first button on the bottom is LFF (low fuel feed) set on 6
.........the middle button is LBA (low burn air) set on 4
..........the third one is AOT (air on time ) set on 1 and should not be changed.

Please read the related thread below for more information pertaining to your questions.

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...-with-pellet-feed-rate-of-less-than-3.116013/

hi jake,

do this for me and i can probably help.

run a weighed amount of fuel through the stove and time it, do the entire run on heat range 1 give me the weight and the time duration of the run (do not count the shutdown time after the fuel quits coming out) i can do some quick math and advise how far you should be able to back the stove down from that

Well, I haven't been able to do an exact experiment because when the stove would go out, it would be when I was at work or in bed. I had tried it on 3-2-1 (went out overnight), 3-3-1, and now 4-4-1. 4-4-1 also went out. I have it now at 5-5-1 and it is staying lit. Now that I re-read that post, I realize I wasn't yet supposed to change it from factory. I guess I was in a rush for experimenting!

Anyways, the heat stays around 68, which isn't bad and I'm guessing that the lowest temp will result in an even colder house in the dead of winter. The overnight low has been in the 30/40s lately, so that should be good I think.

Any advice on keeping it lit at an even lower setting? Could pellets play into this? The guy at Lowes who has the same stove as me said the Green Supremes are his favorite after trying them all, but online I'm seeing a lot of poor reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.