25-PDVC ignitor issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CamperWill

Jul 9, 2013
Massachusetts
Near the end of last season we started to have an issue with our 25-PDVC igniting, the pellets would just keep on stacking up near the ignitor which prevented it from catching. We had to press the on button twice (to prevent the error code after 20 mins), move most of the pellets away from the ignitor and leave the hopper open so no more would feed until it lit.

I removed the ignitor, cleaned out the OAK hole, reseated the ignitor to 1/8" and 1/4" off the front. Anything I'm missing?

Near the end of last season we started to have an issue with our 25-PDVC igniting, the pellets would just keep on stacking up near the ignitor which prevented it from catching. We had to press the on button twice (to prevent the error code after 20 mins), move most of the pellets away from the ignitor and leave the hopper open so no more would feed until it lit.

I removed the ignitor, cleaned out the OAK hole, reseated the ignitor to 1/8" and 1/4" off the front. Anything I'm missing?
Mine is doing the same thing. The igniter glows, but will not start. I can light by hand and it is ok. I ordered a burn pot gasket today. It is my understanding that the ignitor sits back from the pellets and it drafts air across it to light the pellets. Mine is drawing air and the only problem I see is the gasket is messed up from taking apart and cleaning unit. Hope it works. I will let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.