25- PDVC installed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FireManDan

Mar 6, 2011
Scotland,CT
Got the stove installed yesterday the rain made it a good day to stay home and do the install. The oak was only the PITA just trying
to route the pipe through the walls and into the basement . This house is a old farm house so its got alot of big boards/beams underneath.

I only have a couple things left to do like slide the hearth pad forward to give it the 6" front clearance, Level the Wall thimble and touch
up the wall where i got it dirty .
Im thinking of painting the exhaust pipe with high temp black but first am going to wrap the joints with hvac tape and seal it off. But
all in all im glad its finally installed and cant wait to see the savings in oil!

Attachments

• stove.jpg
    stove.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 304
looks great!
the surge protector police should be along shortly. lol

That's what I forgot ti put also. Its not plugged in yet and plan on doing a good surge protector or battle backup just don't know what I want yet

Looks great!

Looking forward to seeing the burning pics & your stove review.

What, no fire?

Sheesh, what is the world coming to. If I got a new stove you better believe she'd be burning today!!

.....just long enough to take the pic though...

just started the stove up after redoing my oak intake.

FireManDan said:
just started the stove up after redoing my oak intake.

Niiiiiiiice!

I have a question is it normal to smell a smoke smell? I stuck my head by the exhasut blower and could smell smoke. also can feel a breeze around the blower?

Ok well i think i got the smoke smell gone . Looked at the rear with my flash light with all the lights off and smoke was coming out of the Tee so i taped it and took some more rtv to it. After the smoke smell disapated i couldnt smell any more. Now that its hotter than heck in here lol. Went outside to where my oak intake is and could hear it humming along.

Attachments

• fire.jpg
    fire.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 218
Looking at that stove fired up brings tears to my eyes. I love my 25 PDVC. I might go out in the garage and hug it before I go to bed tonight.
Good luck with it.

Gio said:
Looking at that stove fired up brings tears to my eyes. I love my 25 PDVC. I might go out in the garage and hug it before I go to bed tonight.
Good luck with it.

This made me chuckle haha! This stove was a steal for $400.00 w/ all the venting and had a new blower installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.