25 PDVC is my new to me stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jwyoung2007

Jan 2, 2011
Urbanette, AR
The stove I got is an Englander 25 PDVC. It came with 20 bags and of fuel king pellets. and almost all the pipe I will need to complete the install. I need to get the through wall kit, a clean out tee, and a cap.

Welcome to the forum. That's a nice little stove you have, but since it's "used", I HIGHLY recommend doing a complete tear down and cleaning.

BTW, what year was it made?

Order a couple of round combustion motor gaskets, as they always rip when removing the motor.

Remove everything in the firebox (impingement plate, firepot wear plate, etc), remove both blowers, the augers....pretty much everything but the control board & wiring.

Clean everything back to bare metal....all ash, soot, carbon, etc. Pretty much follow the owners manual in the cleaning section.

The reason I'm stressing this is that we get MANY people on the forum that buy used stoves, and have problems because they just install them & try to use them as is. One of the main reasons people sell these stoves is due to their not understanding the importance of keeping them clean, and they give up on the stove & sell it.

When it's all back together, installed, and burning, we'd love to see pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.