25-pdvc keeps getting e3 code

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

csb41502

Aug 26, 2013
south carolina
i installed my englander stove a few weeks ago and almost every night i wake up to an e3 code.i make sure i keep it really clean.i had it hooked up in ny for 3 years and never once i had this code.but since the day i used it now almost every single night it shuts down with the e3.

E3 means the stove is shutting down because you are over the high temperature limit. A couple of things you should look at:

1) Make sure that you are running your convection blower at a number higher than your feed rate. Ideally, keep the blower at 9 for the most efficiency. If the convection blower is too low, your stove is not stripping enough heat off and it will raise the internal temperature of the stove.

2) Make sure that the mesh inlet on the convection blower is not blocked or that it hasn't filled up with dust. With the stove off, take the panel off the back of the stove and run a good brush over the mesh to make sure it is clear.

3) If your stove is used, make sure that the vanes on the blower are clear. These can build up with dust and pet hair easily and significantly reduce the amount of air pushed through the blower.

4) Make sure that your control board is in the correct mode. Englander uses the same control board for most of its stoves. They change how much is fed through the stove by a hidden setting. Your stove should be in mode "D". Take a look at this thread for more info.
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...s-wanna-share-good-stuff.104004/#post-1348400

Lastly, if none of this works, wait a little bit. I am sure that Mike from Englander will review and reply very quickly. He's their Maintenance Dept. Lead and regularly reviews these forums.

Good luck!

the PDVC doesnt have tha tmesh over the air inlet for the room fan, but you would want to check inside that blower cage for buildup especially if you have indoor pets as pet hair gets pulled into these blowers pretty readily and can build up reducing the amount of air moving through the stove.

also verify the unit is in "d" mode

Need help adjusting the settings on our stove. We have the 55-SHP10 with an overactive appetite. We have literally replaced everything in this stove except for the 2 augers. After replacing the control board we left it at factory settings the first night we used it and in less than 6 hours it burned a full hopper of pellets with heat range on 1 and blower on 2. We turned down the LFF to 3 and it still burns like a raging wild fire. Its getting very aggravating one minute its about 70 degrees then the next its 90 there is no happy place for the this thing. Any help would be appreciated.

when i hit the up and down arrows for the blower it shows the letter a.the feed rate is at 5 and the blower was on 3 so i put the blower to 7.it ran longer last night but got up about an hour ago and the stove showed e3 but it was still very warm so it must have happened recently.how do i get it back in d mode?

when i hit the up and down arrows for the blower it shows the letter a.the feed rate is at 5 and the blower was on 3 so i put the blower to 7.it ran longer last night but got up about an hour ago and the stove showed e3 but it was still very warm so it must have happened recently.how do i get it back in d mode?

Are you saying the stove is operating in A mode??

If so you need to change that to D or C, D is factory...

im guessing its in a mode.i have no idea how that happened.how do i change it back?i cant find instructions for that.i dont know how it changed.its been running great for 3 years

Procedure to check the setting:
•Turn off stove
•Unplug it for a few seconds
•Plug back in
•Immediately press and hold the up and down arrows for the blower, then release.
You should see a letter in the window.

Use the blower adjust buttons to get to D

Let us know how it works out for you, you may want to adjust the LFF or the LBA numbers, but wait to see how it works for your overnight first.

Status
Not open for further replies.