25-pdvc soot on glass issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

divotdug

Dec 27, 2010
Central MD
Ok folks I was having an issue with E1 codes. Finally got around to cleaning the combustion motor....dang that thing was dirty. Everything else is cleaned on a regular basis.

The bottom buttons were something like 3-9-1. I set them to 6-4-1, which seems to e the suggested settings.

The stove has been running trouble free for the last 2 days EXCEPT the glass is dirtier then it has ever been. In addition it seems the flame is actually "leaping" towards the glass.

Should I put the bottom buttons back to the way they were or is there something else I need to clean?

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like you have too much fuel for the amount of air you are running. I would try adjust the LBA up a few notches or the LFF down a few. Do a quick clean of the glass in between to see if it makes a difference.

kofkorn said:
..... the LFF down a few. Do a quick clean of the glass in between to see if it makes a difference.

Try 5-4-1. BTW, what heat setting are you burning at? Low settings usually result in the glass getting dirty faster.

Are you getting good heat?

I'm running the stove at 2 and 2. I only use it as supplemental heat in my 400 sqft family room.

Getting plenty of heat. Looking at the size of the flame it may be getting too much fuel. I will try adjusting the settings and watch the glass some more.

Thanks for the input so far.

divotdug said:
I'm running the stove at 2 and 2. I only use it as supplemental heat in my 400 sqft family room.

Getting plenty of heat. Looking at the size of the flame it may be getting too much fuel. I will try adjusting the settings and watch the glass some more.

Thanks for the input so far.

just bump up or down one notch at a time(LFF down one or LBA up one at a time). wait a few (maybe 20) mins, and see what happens. it will take the stove a bit to adjust to your new settings.

mike

Just wanted to say thanks to those that responded to my question.

Instead of being at 6-4-1 I am now at 4-6-1 and that seems to have resolved the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.