25-PDVC Thermostat question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thepaulmc

Jan 2, 2012
Pocono Mountains, PA
OK, this may sound dumb but I am new to this... Why do they say it is recommended to have the high ( calling for heat ) settings on 9-9 ? Is it more efficient like that ? Wouldn't it just blow cold air when it goes into low with heat on 1 and blower on 9 ? Also should I change the LFF and LBA now that the thermostat is hooked up ?

Thanks...

It makes set point faster at 9-9.

It won't blow cold air with a fire in the stove and it will move the air around faster (mix it better). The only down side is it is apt to be noisier and chew up a bit more electricity.

I think I have seen Mike H. mention that you don't have to use 9-9....I use 5-5 or 6-6 most of the time, unless it's really cold.

A for the lower button settings, I'd leave them at factory settings unless the stove is running funny or poorly.

Hey wanna be, I too am from NE PA,,,about 8 miles north of the booming metropolis of Scranton.

I leave mine on like 6 heat 7 fan when it's not all that cold, and bump it up to 8 or 9 heat and 9 fan when it gets cold out. My t-stat is set to about 70 -72 to keep the Mrs. happy, but I like it around 68. Higher setting gets the house up to temp faster and seems to use less fuel i think, but what do I know, I'm just glad to finally not be paying through the nose all winter for fuel and still being cold in the house .

John

I was up in your neck of the woods today.. Gonna try 6-6 or 6-7 for now. I just gotta get a programable thermostat, this one is an old manual one.

Status
Not open for further replies.