25 PDVC What can to high of an Air Temp do?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

green77bus

Mar 3, 2009
So. New Hampshire
I have an Englander 25 pdvc from Home Depot and I just found this forum yesterday so I have been doing a lot of reading. My setting on my stove for the bottom three buttons was 6-4-4 and I emailed Mike and he told me that the last setting the Air Temp On was the wrong number and that it should have been 1 instead of 4 so I am wondering what the difference is and will this make my stove run more efficiently now? If anyone knows the answer to my question I would love to learn more about my stove.

Thanks
Erin

the air on temp button controls the temperature related functins such as when to turn on the room fan and shut it down as the stove is cooling down in shutdown, as well as other functions , this setting should never be anything other than 1

Ok I understand that it should never be anything but one. When we bought our stove the factory preset for that was a 4 so it came to us with that setting already. I am just wondering now that it is at the setting that it should have been from the begining will I notice any difference. I am just curious if the pelletts will burn more complete or bags will last longer. We have been running it day and night all winter and I am just trying to figure out if we blew through more pelletts than we normally would have. That way when it comes to buying pellets for next year I do not want to buy to many becuase my stove was not on the right setting.

Thanks Mike for all of the information.

I am glad that I found this site or I would not have known the settings were wrong.

Erin

actually the air pon temp setting would not have had anything to do with pellet consumption , but it would have to do with temps in a way. the low fuel feed setting would have been the one dealing with consumption

Status
Not open for further replies.