25 PDVC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

keithb

Jan 5, 2013
Bottom auger stops turning and shut stove down. Thanks to other post I checked and reset the control panel. It was showing 'A' so set it to 'D' then 6-4-1 on bottom buttons.. Running on a 1 heat range and 2 on the blower we have plenty of heat. Fire seems high and not sure if its shuting down because of high temp. No codes are showing after shut down. Any thoughts?

When you have the stove working on heat range 1 or 2, drop the LFF from 6 to 3 or 4 and leave the low burn air at 4.

I find that these settings work best when it's 32F or above outside.

I have a 25pdvc what is the other post about the heat settings ? Thanks :)

go back to main forum page, one is on page 3 the other on page 4. both start with englander 25....

Bottom auger stops turning and shut stove down. Thanks to other post I checked and reset the control panel. It was showing 'A' so set it to 'D' then 6-4-1 on bottom buttons.. Running on a 1 heat range and 2 on the blower we have plenty of heat. Fire seems high and not sure if its shuting down because of high temp. No codes are showing after shut down. Any thoughts?

When you reset the control panel it always shows "a" because you did a reset...it never shows the previous setting.

When you reset the control panel it always shows "a" because you did a reset...it never shows the previous setting.

If bottom auger stops it's a motor issue, call ESW customer service tomorrow at 8am

If bottom auger stops it's a motor issue, call ESW customer service tomorrow at 8am​

The lower motor may very well be the problem, how old is your stove?

When the lower auger quit working did the control panel display an error code?

The lower motor operates all the time while a 25 PDVC is running, and may have become weak over time. If thats the case you may get by for a little while by switching the upper and lower motors. BUT you will end up replacing the weak motor.

If you need a new motor one can be bought for a good price that includes shipping from a guy that sells replacement motors for your stove on ebay. His motor is a Gleason-Avery model #901 that is already set-up to run in the counter clock wise direction that your stove requires, here is a link to a current auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUGER-MOTOR...603?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25759e163b

ok, its seems to quit after 3 to 4 hours of run time... then after cool down and a quick vacum . I turn it on and away we go till next shut down. didn't know if it was a temp. problem oh and its the fourth winter on stove. already replaced upper motor last year

ok, its seems to quit after 3 to 4 hours of run time... then after cool down and a quick vacum . I turn it on and away we go till next shut down. didn't know if it was a temp. problem oh and its the fourth winter on stove. already replaced upper motor last year

On the lower auger there is no limit switches etc. When it stops it's the motor.

I just had the exact same problem. The bottom auger can be weak and stop after the stove heats up the motor. No error codes in my case either.

The fix in this case was to replace the bottom auger motor! See my issue.
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...h-a-heavier-metal-switch.102221/#post-1316233

stove is 4 years old

I would talk to ESW. See what you can work out on a replacement. ESW is top notch in customer service, even with a stove that old they still might give you a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.