25-PDVC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tommy24a

Dec 12, 2010
PA
I have an Englander (Model 25-PDVC) mfg date of 2003. I have checked the forums about the bottom 3 button settings. I just checked mine and they are 4-9-1. Not sure if that is ok or not. Also I do get some Klinkers. The attached pic is what I get after aprox 24 hr burn. Usually 2 peices like this. Also the heat range and blower settings should they match? 5-5 or 6-6 ect? Since I have the stove I always made sure both the blower speed and heat range were on the same numbers. Any help or insight on this would be great. Thanks!!

IMAG0226b.jpg

i have mine set at 4-7-1 and 7-9 all stoves are different, alot has to do with the pellets.
a "pellet expert" :cheese: will chime in here im sure

According to what we've learned recently from Mike Holton of Englander, if your stove really is a 2003 non-ignitor stove, then the lower 3 buttons only affect the burn on heat settings 1 or 2. Even so, your LBA setting for that is way too high....it should be around 6. (4-6-1)

As for the Heat & Blower settings, they can be the same, or you can raise the blower even higher. I'm running mine right now at 3-6. The blower settings can never be lower than the heat setting, however.

If your getting clinkers like that on heat settings higher than 2, then it could be the brand of pellets....what are you burning in the stove?

Phatty said:
if i remember correctly when using a thermastat it should be set to 9-9

correct

It can be, but doesn't have to be. This is directly from the OP owners manual for a '03 PDVC, although we don't know if he's using one:

"The unit will operate differently once the wall thermostat is connected -- we
recommend the stove control board be set at a minimum of “5” on the Heat Range while
using the thermostat. This will allow the stove to run around a medium setting and drop
back to a lower setting when the thermostat is not calling for heat."

Status
Not open for further replies.