Not open for further replies.
  1. Swaybar

Swaybar
    Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 18, 2009
    Loc:
    Mid-Coast, Maine
    The Citgo on Civic Center Drive in Augusta is advertising Pellets - 25 pounds - $3.99 per bag. Expensive!

Unfortunately those who are uninitiated will see this, do the math and determine going to Pellets are too expensive.

2. smalltown

smalltown
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 1, 2008
    Loc:
    Western Maine
    I noticed a few weeks ago that C.N. Brown company was advertising in Norway Maine the 25 lb bags. I wondered who's pellets they were selling? I'll bet they are Athens or Corinth, but your right pretty expensive.

3. Swaybar

Swaybar
    Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 18, 2009
    Loc:
    Mid-Coast, Maine
    It is a CN Brown Store (big apple) , I will stop next time by to see what brand

4. imacman

imacman
    Guest 2.
    NULL

Yes, $320/ton is up there......hope their gold plated :roll:

5. defield

defield
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 21, 2008
    Loc:
    South Central Maine
    I was told, by the person who runs the Wood pellet warehouse, in N Jay, ME, that the pellets sold in the Big Apple stores, in the 20# or 25# bags, are the new Athens, ME pellets.

Expensive? Certainly, but for anyone considering the purchase of Maine Woods, Athens pellets, this gives them an easy way to try the pellets before purchasing a large quantity.

My thoughts on 20# or 25# bags are: In an earlier survey on this site, of the age range of pellet stove owners, many were in the older age brackets. As time passes, there will certainly be an increased market for bags of pellets that weigh less than 40 pounds AS LONG AS THE PRICE IS REASONABLE.

Ranger

6. hossthehermit

hossthehermit
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

May 17, 2008
    Loc:
    Maine, ayuh, by gorry
    I'd be interested in 1/2 ton or so in 20 - 25# bags for an emergency stash for my wife to have if I get laid up and can't tend the stove for a while
    for some reason.

7. BJN644

BJN644
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Nov 4, 2007
    Loc:
    Maine
    It's a convienence store, they are doing what they do best, there isn't a bargin in the whole store. They found a vender to package cute little easy to carry 25 pound bags. It's just like buying a 12 oz. cup of coffee for $1.50.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.