25 Pound Bags?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swaybar

Oct 18, 2009
Mid-Coast, Maine
The Citgo on Civic Center Drive in Augusta is advertising Pellets - 25 pounds - $3.99 per bag. Expensive!

Unfortunately those who are uninitiated will see this, do the math and determine going to Pellets are too expensive.

I noticed a few weeks ago that C.N. Brown company was advertising in Norway Maine the 25 lb bags. I wondered who's pellets they were selling? I'll bet they are Athens or Corinth, but your right pretty expensive.

I was told, by the person who runs the Wood pellet warehouse, in N Jay, ME, that the pellets sold in the Big Apple stores, in the 20# or 25# bags, are the new Athens, ME pellets.

Expensive? Certainly, but for anyone considering the purchase of Maine Woods, Athens pellets, this gives them an easy way to try the pellets before purchasing a large quantity.

My thoughts on 20# or 25# bags are: In an earlier survey on this site, of the age range of pellet stove owners, many were in the older age brackets. As time passes, there will certainly be an increased market for bags of pellets that weigh less than 40 pounds AS LONG AS THE PRICE IS REASONABLE.

Ranger

I'd be interested in 1/2 ton or so in 20 - 25# bags for an emergency stash for my wife to have if I get laid up and can't tend the stove for a while
for some reason.

It's a convienence store, they are doing what they do best, there isn't a bargin in the whole store. They found a vender to package cute little easy to carry 25 pound bags. It's just like buying a 12 oz. cup of coffee for $1.50.

Status
Not open for further replies.