25 pvdc questions/problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

letsblaze

Feeling the Heat
So I was apparently on setting A on my englander. I was having issues on feed 1and 2 with random shutdown. I changed to setting D and I'm still having shutdown issues. Bottom 3 buttons are at 3612 and on A I was able to run 161 and keep good heat. I cleaned the stove good as well as the pipe. Help me please help me....lol

Hello, if you post the error code you got off the control panel when it shut down, it would be helpful for the forum members to pinpoint your problem. The error code would be something like: E1 E2 E3 E4 or E5.

So I just noticed that I can now turn my blower down lower then my feed rate????

There wasn't one on there. Last night I came home from work to a off stove and a 61 degree house and no error code.

letsblaze said:
So I just noticed that I can now turn my blower down lower then my feed rate????

England Stove Works doesn't recommend that you run the room blower lower than the feed rate, you can overheat your stove due to not enough convection air going thru the heat exchanger. Some of the older ESW 25PDVC stoves will allow you to run them like that but they state on their web site it's not recommended. I have a newer version and the control panel won't allow you to run the blower lower than the feed rate. If you check out their web site, they have a decent trouble shooting manual, link is here:

http://www.englandsstoveworks.com/help/PelletStove/troubleshootingstart.html

letsblaze said:
There wasn't one on there. Last night I came home from work to a off stove and a 61 degree house and no error code.
I think there is a short time period when it gives the error code and then goes blank after a while. Mine is newer and the error code stays on until I clear it or unplug it. Check out the ESW web site for help and you might even give their tech. service a call, even out of warranty they help you!

letsblaze said:
So I was apparently on setting A on my englander. I was having issues on feed 1and 2 with random shutdown. I changed to setting D and I'm still having shutdown issues. Bottom 3 buttons are at 3612 and on A I was able to run 161 and keep good heat. I cleaned the stove good as well as the pipe. Help me please help me....lol

Last lower setting should always be 1 unless you have a tech on the phone and you're doing a test for them.

The blower difference is new since I went to program D. It was following the burn rate up before that.

he last is 1. Its 361the right now and I just turned it down to 1about 30 mins ago to see if it stays running since I want to run a stat on it.

I recommend that you do a complete reset of the board. If you don't know the procedure, I can list it here.

The bottom 3 buttons should be at 4-6-1 to start with.

Is that where you shut down cool unplug, plug back in and hit the bottom 3 buttons at the same time?

letsblaze said:
Is that where you shut down cool unplug, plug back in and hit the bottom 3 buttons at the same time?

Yes.....after hitting them (all at the same time), you should get an "F-5" in the display, and then it should go out. You then need to re-set the mode, and the bottom 3 button settings. After all the lights go out, then re-start the stove.

The fire pot just went to coals for about 4-5 minutes while it piled on unburnt pellets. It took off just as I grabbed my phone for a pic.

letsblaze said:
The fire pot just went to coals for about 4-5 minutes while it piled on unburnt pellets. It took off just as I grabbed my phone for a pic.

Too much air or too little fuel.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR SETTING A PELLET STOVE TO FACTORY SPECS.

Unplug stove. Factory Reset must begin by plugging stove in to outlet. Please keep in mind that you only have a 3 second window of time to complete each of the next steps. If you get a 1-1 code before you are finished you will need to start over by unplugging the stove again.
Plug stove in.
Depress all three bottom buttons (LOW FUEL FEED, LOW BURN AIR, and AIR ON TEMP) at the same time and release.
Depress both the UP ARROW and the DOWN ARROW under the BLOWER SPEED window at the same time and release.
An “a†will appear in the HEAT RANGE window. Adjust this to a “c†by using the UP ARROW under the HEAT RANGE window.
Hit the ON button.

(Once all of this is done you may relax a little because speed is no longer an issue.)

Now, all you need to do is adjust the three bottom buttons individually and “lock in†the new settings. Here is what you do:

Depress the LOW FUEL FEED button and a “5†will appear in the BLOWER SPEED WINDOW. This is what you want to hit the LOW FUEL FEED button a second time to lock it in.
Depress the LOW BURN AIR button and a “4†will appear in the BLOWER SPEED WINDOW. This is what you want so hit the LOW BURN AIR button a second time to lock it in.
Depress the AIR ON TEMP button and a “1†will appear. This is what you want so hit the AIR ON TEMP button a second time to lock it in.
Hit the OFF button.

At this point just let the stove shut down on its own. After it shuts completely off, unplug the stove and plug back in. This will reboot the board and allow you to run the stove.

You have now successfully set the stove back to factory specs.

Just set it to 341 unplugged and plugged back in. Just restarted it. Let's see where this takes me.....

Status
Not open for further replies.