25EP Ash Pan Air Leaks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rexrules

Oct 6, 2012
Picked up a 25EP on craigslist a month or so ago and I am finally getting around to cleaning and replacing all of the gaskets.

The problem I am having is that the ash pan does not make a good seal with the stove body. I have tried doubling up the gasket, which helps on the top portion of the pan but the bottom isn't even close to sealing. I would imagine I would probably need four of the ash pan gaskets to get a good seal.

I think I am going to find a thicker gasket material for the bottom of the ash pan and just double up the existing gaskets on the top. Any other suggestions or any problems you can foresee with using the thicker gaskets?

I have also seen threads that mention the hopper lid gasket may need some of the same treatment...

Status
Not open for further replies.