25PDV/55-SHP22 Cool Burning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bink

Dec 19, 2010
Central Jersey
I have a 25PDV/55-SHP22 from 2001. It has only been being used for 4 years. When I am burning it blows cool air. I have tried multiple types of hard wood pellets. Englander had me check letters on control board which was right, the bottom 3 buttons are right at 6 1 1. The wire that replaces the thermostat. is good. I noticed the augers were loose. I took them off and greases them even though they said u never need to and it was working again. Now it is back to blowing cool air on the side blowers and warm air on the top. I looked in back and seen the grease coming out, I think the grease work had wasn't a high enough temp. grease. It seems that I don't get enough pellets again to the burn pot. Not sure if I need to put the silver high temp grease in bearings or if i can test the auger motor to see if I am getting enough power to it. Did any 1 else have a cool air problem?

you say cool air so obviosly u have a fire right? its hooked up to a t stat,
if you turn it up to 90 does the fire increase? have you given it a good cleaning?

Phatty said:
you say cool air so obviosly u have a fire right? its hooked up to a t stat,
if you turn it up to 90 does the fire increase? have you given it a good cleaning?

Phatty, the stat does not control the heat setting on your stove. It simply tells the stove when to go from Lo fire to Hi fire....after that the stove just burns at whatever heat and blower settings you have set on the control panel.

No need to go to 90 degrees on the stat....even 1 degree over the room temp will call for heat. Same in a regular home heating system....the radiator does not get hot any faster the higher you turn the stat.

i was just trying to see if it was going to high fire
i just worded it wrong
it sounded o.k. in my little world :cheese:

Same thing on my 25 pdvp from 2000....new gaskets, reworked exhaust, extensive cleaning, praying, getting kicked by the wife who wanted the pellet stove so she didn't have to bring in wood while I'm gone, If I had kids they'd be crying from having blue feet, dogs won't come in cause it's warmer outside, warm air won't come in cause......well, that's what I'm trying to figure out!

Bink, did you buy this stove new, or used (by someone else for 4 years), and you just bought it?

It was purchased new in 2001 by my parents but they never hooked it up. In 2005 I took it and started to us it. Been working great till Past February. Then in early November I took bearings out greased them and was working fine till lately.

When was the last time the stove was COMPLETELY cleaned, inside & out...both blowers removed & cleaned, firebox cleaned, all ash traps & passageways cleaned with a vacuum, brushes, compressed air, and or a leaf blower attached to the exhaust pipe outside? Is the door gasket sealing tightly? Have you done the dollar bill test on it?

Most of the time, a dirty stove is the cause of 80% of the problems we see here on the forum. You can't just vacuum the firebox & firepot and consider it "clean".

Status
Not open for further replies.