25PDV who has a for sure fix?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnRXL

Jan 7, 2013
Ontario,Canada
Like the title says, I came home and the stove was off and there was at least 3hrs of pellets left in the hopper. I tried the light sanding but obviously that didn't work. Anything else I could try that will work. IMG_00000070.jpgIMG_00000069.jpg

My EP came with overspray in the hopper (it was a refurb). I wound up sanding it down to bare metal and rub wax paper on once in a while. Not a perfect solution but it's a lot better than what it was.

I lined mine with the aluminum heating tape. A simple layer on the sides and back and I've never had pellets hang up since. This is our 5th heating season with it. Works perfect.

Good luck!

Ever fix your problem?
I agree with the sanding/waxing....
Before my first fire, I sanded all of the overspray off, came off quick,
got the hopper down to shiny bare metal, silicone it, and all of the pellets,
except for the half handful that get stuck on the flat plate on the bottom,
are gone...

Dan

There is a product called SLIP PLATE that is available in most Farm Stores, comes in spray cans or can be brushed on. I've used it in grain handling applications works great, lasts a long time.

I did sand the hopper some more and did help a little, but as soon as the weather warms up a bit and I can have the stove off a few more hours I'll take it down to bare metal and spray it with silicone.

I did sand the hopper some more and did help a little, but as soon as the weather warms up a bit and I can have the stove off a few more hours I'll take it down to bare metal and spray it with silicone.
I agree with aluminum heat tape works great and you do not have to keep spraying the bin.

Status
Not open for further replies.