27 pounds of meat and a grill

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

infinitymike

Minister of Fire
Aug 23, 2011
Long Island, NY
Had a few boys over last night.
My good friend has been a private chef for some of the wealthiest families around.
He pulled in some favors and we had 60 day dry aged ribeyes, Kobe skirt steak and home made spicy sausage.
Grilled veggies, stuffed baked potatoes, sautéed jalapenos, garlic bread with melted mozzarella.
He knows how to cook to say the least.

But I know how to have a fire!

59678411.jpg

92580686.jpg

84654360.jpg

95377932.jpg

19322036.jpg

30227150.jpg

55795750.jpg

oozing with jealousy.

Looks great.

pen

I guess you know we all hate you. ;lol

I guess my invitation got lost in the mail. Damn! Looks like you had an awesome feed!

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
except gas grill, i guess you used wood for all the cooking? what did you use. it all looks very good, nice job!

Used gas grill for the veggies. I used store bought lump charcoal and hickory wood chips to smoke with.

I don't have any good cooking woods. All I have is oak but I haven't tried it because I heard it leaves a bitter flavor.

Next time I'll give you guys advance notice so you can come over!

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Hey rotti, I'm sure your dog would love the left over bones!

Showoff.......:p;) looks fantastic, definitely some good eats there. My mouth is watering profusely as I look at those pics!

It's still morning as I type this . . . but I'm really hankering for a steak now!

Reactions: ScotO
Oak will work just fine for grilling, ya just gotta let it get to the coaling stage. All the nasties are gone by then. Smoking with oak is a little different story, hickory and mesquit too. Over smoke and you will get bitter.

That is some FINE looking chow. Now - are you sure that was kobe and not wagu? Kobe is darned difficult to get in the states. Wagu is the same breed as Kobe, but Kobe MUST be raised in Japan to be "real kobe".

What can I say - I am a food whore.

Reactions: smokinj
Oak will work just fine for grilling, ya just gotta let it get to the coaling stage. All the nasties are gone by then. Smoking with oak is a little different story, hickory and mesquit too. Over smoke and you will get bitter.

That is some FINE looking chow. Now - are you sure that was kobe and not wagu? Kobe is darned difficult to get in the states. Wagu is the same breed as Kobe, but Kobe MUST be raised in Japan to be "real kobe".

What can I say - I am a food whore.

Knowing my friend and the family he cooks for it was most definitely real Kobe. This guy works for a multi billionaire. He might even have some Japanese guys here on his estate raising the cow from birth and then slaughtering it:eek:

Looks like ya'll broke some bread!!! A lot of it! Ribeyes are my Favorite......

Looks like an awesome time. Going back to my bowl of Corn Flakes now :(

What's your address?

There was so much left over that, I'm eating the last piece of steak today for lunch.
I pretty much ate steak for lunch for the last week and it still taste good and am not sick of it.

Wait till march when we do our 3rd annual Chili cook off. I eat chili for a week also. Which if i can boast, I took 1st and 3rd.
That's right, I beat the super high end chef that cooked all those steaks. But he took first in a landslide last year. I guess revenge was a motivator!

Reactions: Eatonpcat
Now that looks like a fun time Mike. Nice job.

after those pictures im now hungry im guessing my peanut butter sandwich wont be nearly as good though.

Just eat your p and j sandwich while looking at the pics and maybe it will taste like a juicy, tender, smokey ribeye.

Reactions: Eatonpcat
Status
Not open for further replies.