-27F with -50F wind chill for tonight. I'm staying in!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WiscWoody

Minister of Fire
Dec 24, 2011
Winter WI
Tonight's forecasted temperatures are extreme, even for up here! I could hunker down inside for days if it weren't for the dogs needing to be run. Oh well, they say crime is low when it's cold out! Lol

Couple of days away from March, it's past 5 and still light out!
However, it's 14 degrees and supposed to go sub zero tonight. Enough with the cold!
Looks like mid January, roads all icy, wind blown snow, etc....

Bright side. I've been wearing shorts all week! Started a big hardwood floor / remodel on Monday. 70 degrees in their house and jeans are just uncomfortable when doing floors. Needless to say I get some odd looks if I stop at a store on the way home and I'm really thankful for the remote starter on the truck.

It was -10F here today. I think tommorrow night is calling for -12F . That means -16-18 F for me. I love winter. I love winter. I love winter. I keep telling myself that hundreds of times a day. Anyway. They did tune down the lows for the next few days. That hot air has got to start pushing north soon. We also had a huge sun flare yesterday according to NASA. Hope it helps a bit. Bring em on.

It was -10F here today. I think tommorrow night is calling for -12F . That means -16-18 F for me. I love winter. I love winter. I love winter. I keep telling myself that hundreds of times a day. Anyway. They did tune down the lows for the next few days. That hot air has got to start pushing north soon. We also had a huge sun flare yesterday according to NASA. Hope it helps a bit. Bring em on.
Well, a nice thought... But not. A solar flare can give us some nice northern lights though at best and KO the electrical grid at worst. But, I had heard that we are in a solar Maximus time and it's been fairly quiet so far from solar storms so maybe your on to something here... ;)

Hope we stay clear tonight. I would love to see the Northern Lights again.

It is -15F right now outside. I have not been paying attention to the forecast lately, good thing I made a fire before going to bed lastnight!

Andrew

The other night in Bemidji Minnesota a six year old girl got left out somehow in -27F temps and succomed to the elements. There still trying to figure out what exactly happened.

That is very sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.