28" Stihl ES Light bar on a MS460

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MasterMech

Well, having used this bar on something other than cookie cutting videos, I gotta say this is as good as it gets for a 460. If I had to pick one and only one bar to mount up on the 460, this is it. Weighs no more than the 20" ES bar I favor when I don't need the length. The saw will pull full comp chisel chain (33RS-91) on it with the bar buried and the dawgs set in hard. The balance is damn near perfect too. It took a couple shots from big rounds (40") that I was cutting yesterday too so I'm pretty pleased with the durability as well.

Basically it handles like a Porsche while pulling like a Cummins.

What was that about balance? :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378222140.172047.jpg

Reactions: Dairyman
Is that the OEM or Aftermarket 460?

Gotta say I am still interested.. Make sure you let us Hearth guys know before "AnotherSite" ;) I frequent there. But not as often. I am about to go there now. Just have finish up here :cool: This is my home. Over there, that's a vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.