288 XP Lite project completed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really nice set you have there, and clean.

I filed a few chains square before I got the grinder and had a good idea of what the results should look like.
So the learning curve was not to bad. I do not believe you would have any problem picking it up your self.

I will try and get a few pics today.

Reactions: Firewood Bandit
Really nice set you have there, and clean.

I filed a few chains square before I got the grinder and had a good idea of what the results should look like.
So the learning curve was not to bad. I do not believe you would have any problem picking it up your self.

I will try and get a few pics today.

Thanks, the pics I posted was the day I made the new mounting bench. Everything is at chest level so you can really see what is going on.

With the Simington, not only are the angles critical, profiling the wheel correctly is too?

I have watched the videos on the Simington web site. Looks like the learning curve is pretty steep on getting proficient with the square grind. Unreal how they cut though. Got a picture of that by chance?

I like this for the round grind:

Gosh I though I had lots of lights but I think ya got me beat. One needs the light so you don't get shadows and the old eyes ain't what they used to be. Nice neat area to work in well thought out and made.

Here are a few pics.
The last picture is my Husky 272 with a 20" bar 72 dl chain that I converted to square grind.
I like the saw because it cuts the noodles fast and clears those long chips good,

001.JPG 002.JPG 006.JPG 005.JPG

Reactions: Firewood Bandit
I just moved into this house about 3 months ago and I am still unpacking.

Those pics were taken today. We had about 7 inches of snow yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.