2B or not 2B ... Blue enamel Morso

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason Dempsey

Sep 8, 2013
Hi folks

Neighbor was getting rid of an older Morso, blue enameled Morso with a squirrel on the side, second tier to reclaim heat from smoke etc,

She was going to scrap it ... looks okay except that it's missiong the two oval plates that sit on top of the second chamber which would allow smoke to pour out ... silly ...

Anybody know if you can still find these parts?

Jason

I would check with a local Morso dealer. They still make the stove so maybe the new model parts will still fit? If not, give Woodmans a call at (603) 522-8216. If nothing else maybe you could make a cardboard template and have them cut out of 1/4" steel?

Also check the interior of the stove. Make sure the side and rear bricks are still in place and in decent condition and check the baffles for warping.

Reactions: Jason Dempsey
Thanks begreen ... closest dealer I think is in Vermont ... I have an e-mail out ... good point that they still make the stove and new castings might fit ... that would be ideal.

Soooo ... this stove is supposed to have brick in it huh?

Don't see any at all ... assumed it was a simple cast iron stove .... small fire box even without brick, but it sure would help it to hold some heat.

baffles don't seem warped, but we did have to pry the door open, so the metal to metal seal isn't air tight anymore, but it seems like a pretty well-made little stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.