2nd Burn in Englander 30-NCH & Much Better

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajhenglander

Dec 24, 2008
Nothern Ohio
Not sure what I did different today, same wood, same operator, same inside, and outside conditions. Yesterday the issue was every time I closed the wood stove door the fire would smother out. Today within 25 minutes I was able to close the wood stove door completely and continue to burn. The stove temps were better tonight (~450) and had what I consider a smooth burn and was actually able to adjust the air inlet in the unit. I guess I just have to keep playing with it to learn it. Best thing was the gas furnace has not kicked on in the last 6 hours!!! Thanks for all of your input.

hang in there you will get the hang of it. Don't forget there is about a 1 year or more learning curve :)

That happens to me sometimes. Usually it happens when I get in a a hurry.

I've found that even tiny differences in how I stack the wood inside the stove can make a difference in how quickly things can take off.

Also, make sure that nobody is running the clothes dryer or bathroom fan when you're trying to get the stove going.

-SF

ajhenglander said:
Not sure what I did different today, same wood, same operator, same inside, and outside conditions. Yesterday the issue was every time I closed the wood stove door the fire would smother out. Today within 25 minutes I was able to close the wood stove door completely and continue to burn. The stove temps were better tonight (~450) and had what I consider a smooth burn and was actually able to adjust the air inlet in the unit. I guess I just have to keep playing with it to learn it. Best thing was the gas furnace has not kicked on in the last 6 hours!!! Thanks for all of your input.

Could have been some moisture in the new firebricks! Good to know it's coming together though.

Status
Not open for further replies.