2nd fire of the season!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coldkiwi

Burning Hunk
May 2, 2012
Socal
Had my 2nd fire of the season last night night in the Lopi freedom I installed last spring.Had been up in the mountains cutting some standing dead oak a few weeks ago,so I start the beast,get some good coals lay on a couple of big splits of said oak, let it go for a couple of minutes then close the air ALL the way and bammo..... secondaries galore 600 on the dial,80 degrees inside the house and heat like you would'nt believe ....had to open the front door for a while!
While the Freedom may be a little overkill for this 1600 sf log cabin I like to wander around in shorts during the winter..It just goes to show that with the correct wood these EPA stoves ROCK

Just completed my first EPA wood stove install. What a difference over the old smoke dragon. I can heat the house all day on a few splits and not an arm load. I keep checking the stove and its humming along just fine without me.

Status
Not open for further replies.