2nd newbie question - how does the Buck 74 work

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skelm

Nov 26, 2009
East Coast
I can see the blower, the tubes on the top, looks like something in the front center inside the FP that air comes out?, the blower,

I am guessing a few things,

air is introduced into the fire through the center thing?

air is introduced into the fire through the holes in the top tubes

air from the blower is never in the fire and does a heat exchange somehow with the top tubes?

If anyone has the time to explain the airflow and what goes what I would love to know :)

Thanks

Worked out the air does enter through the middle bit, still wondering about the holes in the top pipes does air come in through those as well? And the heat for the blower.

The tubes on the top of your fire box are called secondary air or burning tubes. Once the fire box comes up to temp hot air is injected into the fire from them to create a secondary burn to burn excess smoke and gas. Your stove is constructed like 2 steel boxes, one inside of the other and the blower takes that heated air between and releases it out into the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.