2nd story Hot!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokinj

Minister of Fire
Aug 11, 2008
Anderson, Indiana
sould you push cool air to the 2nd story or pull hot air down to the 1st story?

Yes, essentially that is what a ceiling fan running in reverse does. But is this due to heat from a wood furnace or wood stove? If it's from a wood furnace, the ducting is imbalanced or improperly configured.

BeGreen said:
Yes, essentially that is what a ceiling fan running in reverse does. But is this due to heat from a wood furnace or wood stove? If it's from a wood furnace, the ducting is imbalanced or improperly configured.
There is a catheral ceiling where the heat loves to go i have a ceiling fan there,i can create a covection just trying to see witch diretion to go? the 2 nd story is runnin between 8-10 degrees warmer(two fans)one in the cethral and one in the stair well

Try running the fan in the cathedral ceiling in reverse (up) and the hallway fan normal (blowing down).

How are these spaces being heated? Stove, forced air, radiators?

BeGreen said:
Try running the fan in the cathedral ceiling in reverse (up) and the hallway fan normal (blowing down).

How are these spaces being heated? Stove, forced air, radiators?
force gas used very little and force wood furance used 95 percent of the time

Sounds like there may be too much warm air feeding upstairs or too much fuel in the firebox for fall burning.

i"ll try all three segestion thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.