1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

3"-5" of snow forecast for Birmingham AL

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by jtb51b, Jan 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adrianrog

adrianrog New Member

Loc:
    NW Georgia
    I'm about 45 minutes west and we have 3 1/2" so far. All except for all the people it would be hard on, I'd almost hope for a day w/o power.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Pagey

Pagey Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Middle TN
    Well, it got here.

Edit: 6" and still snowing. I know it's a dusting compared to you folks up north, but it nearly shuts things down around here. DO NOT WANT.
  3. CALJREICH

CALJREICH New Member

Loc:
    PENNSYLVANIA
    I saw it on TV. Lot of cars slidding around. Stay home if you can. How often does Alabama get snow?
  4. Lanningjw

Lanningjw Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Plymouth, Minnesota
    MN and WI get some snow. You got the big stuff for moving the snow. I do not understand why the south does not get some good road snow plows to handle the ice and snow they are having now?
  5. Adios Pantalones

Adios Pantalones Minister of Fire

Loc:
    S.NH- Mass's smoking section
    I have need to move stuff around the yard and would rather not have to do a more massive snowblowing job. If big snow would hold off a couple weeks, I'd appreciate it.

See what you guys can do for me on that score.
  6. dougand3

dougand3 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    North Alabama
    Normally, 1-2 light snows a year. But we had 3" on Christmas Eve/Day. Last night - got 6-8". BIG for here. Nothing is moving. Road crews have been sent back to shop b/c too dangerous - LOL. We don't have salt anyway - just sand. A County Commission issued an official proclamation - "The roads are impassable!" That really helps. LOL
  7. Mrs. Krabappel

Mrs. Krabappel Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Blue Ridge Mountains NC
    We got about 8" in wNC and it's still snowing. Nothing better than a snowy Monday home with the boy. He still got skooled. Snowballs 101 :lol:

I don't know when they'll plow and I don't care.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.