3 Degrees Outside

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

subsailor

Minister of Fire
Dec 8, 2011
Winthrop, Maine
3 outside with gusty winds, toasty 72 inside. The P61 is throwing some heat!

Stoe Temp here as well.

Three degrees here also, but that wind makes it even worse. The cold isn't predicted to hang around. I think I'll have a seat by stove and have another look at my new spring seed catalogs.

-5 here right now,Picked up a ton of Spruce Pointe's yesterday and so far so good..75 in the living room..68 in the far end of the house.(1200ft ranch).Is supposed to hit -15 tonite.so this will be the big test. :bug:

KINGOFTHENORTH said:
-5 here right now,Picked up a ton of Spruce Pointe's yesterday and so far so good..

Those Sprucies are good stuff...I think you'll be happy with them. (wish I could get them here :sick: )

We had 40 mph winds and 18 degrees last night IN FRIGGIN GEORGIA!!!!!! WTF? Needless to say, I sucked up some pellets in my stoves since the heat pumps are useless at that temp.

[Imacman:Those Sprucies are good stuff…I think you’ll be happy with them. (wish I could get them here )]Im hoping it was worth the trip to pic them up.(30 miles one way) The Spruce Pointes were $250 a ton,and seem very clean,not many fines.

KINGOFTHENORTH said:
The Spruce Pointes were $250 a ton,and seem very clean,not many fines.(Have only run 2 bags so far)..Im running the stove on 5-7 and it is throwing out quite a bit more heat then the prestologs.It was my first encounter with metric tons,had to take 10 bags off the stack.

As I just posted on another thread, if you just switched to a new brand of pellet, don't expect to get the same heat out without readjusting your stove to suit the new pellet length. ALWAYS expect to adjust the stove for any change in pellet or even a new lot of same pellet. There is no such thing as a 'factory' setting for pellet feed. Chances are you are feeding more pounds per hour with the new pellets if you're getting more heat.

subsailor said:
3 outside with gusty winds, toasty 72 inside. The P61 is throwing some heat!

Burning the MWP from SIB? My P61 handled last night with ease. Had set to room temp 70 and maintained temp throughout the house all night. I like having not spent a dime on heating since September. Gonna have to succomb to the oil man soon though. I got some oil at the beginning of September and have been using it for hot water and a few days of heat while we were away but the tank is just below 1/4. I usually get another 100 gallons when the level is somewhere between 1/8 and 1/4. I am wondering if they will say anything when I call this time.... :)

We had 7ºF this morning. House was an easy 72ºF and for a Monday. I had not trouble getting my lazy can out a bed! Don't miss the chillies and hope I never see dem again!

0.9 here last night..i went to oakies and a small fire in the wood stove downstairs...
the house was a toasty 72 with the wind blowing 20 to 25 mph......
no oil since September, still above 1/2 a tank for hot water...
burned about 90 bags so far 2011/2012.....
about 3 arm loads of wood.....

It was 8 below here In Bangor last night and the ol' Englander 25PDVC kept the house at 70 to 74 all night long burning Green Team and Pa pellets.
It's a heat wave right now, it's 3 P.M. and it's 24 degrees outside! Like the rest of you I'm hoping the cold is over and Spring is around the corner!
What's heating oil???? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.