3" Flexible Chimney Liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rap69ri

Minister of Fire
Feb 23, 2008
Middle of RI
I have used google to search for a 25' length of 3" flexible pipe for a pellet insert and I'm running out of patience. Can some of you that have recently purchased a similar product please point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Rick

zeta said:
http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/ - they have it but you
have to search the site cuz the link wouldn't paste here. $79.99 here

http://www.barbecues.com/ - same deal at this site...

and this one. http://www.homeclick.com

I googled this term and those came up first in the list
simpson duravent 3" X 25'

Thanks but, all of those sites just have the aluminum venting that's not rated for pellet. The search continues...

rap69ri said:
I have used google to search for a 25' length of 3" flexible pipe for a pellet insert and I'm running out of patience. Can some of you that have recently purchased a similar product please point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Rick

Dura vent is back up out the tail pipe. I would consider a 4" for that length.

Eric

kinsman stoves said:
rap69ri said:

Thanks,

Rick

Eric

Eric,

The run is only 20' but I like to have a little extra just in case. If the run is vertical doesn't it only equal 10' of EVL?

rap69ri said:
kinsman stoves said:
rap69ri said:

Thanks,

Rick

Eric

Eric,

The run is only 20' but I like to have a little extra just in case. If the run is vertical doesn't it only equal 10' of EVL?

Yes but cleaning is much easier on a 4" than 3" flex.

Eric

kinsman stoves said:
rap69ri said:
kinsman stoves said:
rap69ri said:

Thanks,

Rick

Eric

Eric,

Eric

The good part is I won't be the one cleaning it. I'm trying to help out a friend get his insert installed in the most cost effective way. I'll give him the pros and cons of each size and let him decide.

Thanks for adding your input, and if it were mine I'd be going 4".

rap69ri said:
kinsman stoves said:
rap69ri said:
kinsman stoves said:
rap69ri said:

Thanks,

Rick

Eric

Eric,

Eric

The good part is I won't be the one cleaning it. I'm trying to help out a friend get his insert installed in the most cost effective way. I'll give him the pros and cons of each size and let him decide.

Thanks for adding your input, and if it were mine I'd be going 4".

I attempt to do everything other than a basic through the wall kit in 4". Less headaches all the way around and same size hole in the wall and even for a vertical install.

Eric

Here's one on ebay. $335 and free shipping They have 4' too. Both Stainless steel.

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-X-25-Stainless-Steel-Chimney-Liner-Kit-Pellet-Stove_W0QQitemZ290280093905QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item290280093905&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1205|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

3" flex is too restrictive. The fact that it is ribbed (restrcts air flow) should be reason enough to increse the size to 4" .

The price is less than the kits because it's only for
the flex. by the time you gather the other pieces
you need for an insert install you will be at the same price
as a kit so it's less of a headache to get the kit from
the start. Good luck!

We just neet the pipe and a 3 to 4 inch adapter. We have aluminum plating that we put seal the top of the chimney with, and he already has a cap. This should be a pretty simple drop and run install.

You will be glad that you went with 4" since there isn`t much latitude to work with on these pellet stoves.

"This should be a pretty simple drop and run install."

LOL...wish I had a nickle for every one of those that didn't turn out that way ;)

Lobstah said:
"This should be a pretty simple drop and run install."

LOL...wish I had a nickle for every one of those that didn't turn out that way ;)

I hear ya!!!

We always use 3" unless the vent run needs 4". Never had a problem with any of them. Never had a problem cleaning either, I have cleaned a few myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.