3 Fuel Setup - Propane, Wood/Oil

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boog

Minister of Fire
Oct 31, 2012
NE Ohio
I added a 95% efficient propane furnace to my existing system this summer giving me a 3 fuel heating system to burn whatever I decide to use. The existing early 80's vintage Charmaster wood/oil combo forced air furnace was still running strong, but I wanted to gain the true backup convenience of a high efficiency propane furnace. So far this year, I have never fired the oil burner. The propane has only been run 2 days, the day after Thanksgiving and today, so I could let the wood fire in the Charmaster totally burn down so I could remove and clean the flue pipes. I've been burning wood strictly from my property since mid September.

The new propane company even gave me a nice courtesy call the other day to see if I needed gas, they were concerned that I had not called to order any and suggested I should check my tank level. At this rate that first fillup last August could last years!

wayne.1.jpg

wayne.2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.