3 inch chimney brush ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

glenc0322

Minister of Fire
Dec 30, 2011
long Island NY
was wondering what brand you use to clean your stove chimney. I know there is a lot about the leaf blower but want to brush the chimney. my chimney goes up through my roof i have 2 45 degree bends and its 15 feet long. thanks for the help i dont want to buy a piece of junk

Search "Lint-Eater" here.

Many here have one, or the "Soot-Eater" for pellet stoves. Both work well around bends.

(Lint-Eater is for a 4" Dryer vent, but I have both 3" and 4" pellet vent systems and it works great. Also works great on the dryer vent, so its Win-Win)

Lint eater at lowes, you can also buy the extra extensions for longer runs.

I use the Soot Eater. It bends through 2-90 deg elbows. Works very well.

So far i only see the lint eater with the 4 inch brush i have a 3 inch chimney ? and ill look up the soot eater thanks

Yes. The 4" brush works in a 3" vent. I have two 3" vents and one 4". It does all of them.

The brush is a very flexible bristle brush.

ordered the soot eater will clean my chimney when it comes and let you know how it works thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.