3 logs to fill the trailer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mywaynow

Minister of Fire
Dec 13, 2010
Northeast
Big boys I hope to make lumber out of. Trailer is 14 ft and they are just short of that. Width is 5 ft. HEAVY logs.

Attachments

• trailerload.jpg
    trailerload.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 175
Holy Kamoly! _g
What is that stuff? Got a use in mind for the lumber?

Don't mind the mule, load the wagon.
That's a full load there ;)
What kind of tree?

Looks like primo White Oak to me......One good test for that 2100CD or the SP125C once its tuned up.

They are the same logs from this post: https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/oak-id-and-a-big-hollow-ash.105947/#post-1380705

Was leaning toward Red, but it may be White. Had initially cut them to 16 ft lengths, but the Kubota wouldn't budge them. I had to take off 3 ft of firewood to make them light enough to move. Shoulda got a bigger tractor! No specific use in mind. They are going to be added to the pile of Cherry and Walnut logs that are slated to be lumbered too.

jealous......I gotta get me some toys:(

They are the same logs from this post: https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/oak-id-and-a-big-hollow-ash.105947/#post-1380705

Was leaning toward Red, but it may be White. Had initially cut them to 16 ft lengths, but the Kubota wouldn't budge them. I had to take off 3 ft of firewood to make them light enough to move. Shoulda got a bigger tractor! No specific use in mind. They are going to be added to the pile of Cherry and Walnut logs that are slated to be lumbered too.
That leaf in your previous thread is white oak. White oak leaves have the rounded lobes.

Some nice logs in the trailer; boards or firewood it will be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.